Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-22: Marlins (Smith) at Brewers (Guerra) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aguilar putting me to shame and I love it. A .500 BABIP on worse hard contact rates than last year is sustainable, right?

The BABIP is obviously unsustainable but his hard hit rates were very high last year and they continue to be very high this year, just a little lower than last year.

Aguilar looks legit up there, and finding a guy who can put together great pinch hit ABs is harder than it seems like it should be.

Aguilar putting me to shame and I love it. A .500 BABIP on worse hard contact rates than last year is sustainable, right?

Don't worry, Oliver Drake is also putting you to shame. ;)

Jeffress also.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It's going to be interesting to see how Corey Knebel fits into this bullpen when he gets back. The fundamental nature of how Counsell uses the bullpen to get outs has completely changed since he got injured.

Not really sure he just slots Knebel back into that 9th inning at this point.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I wouldn't mind if Knebel takes the 9th back, but I hope the rest are used interchangeably as the situation exists. I like Jeffress' role as the "starter-closer" as Bill put it today. He does a good job in setting the table for the rest of the BP.

I went to opening day in Baltimore in 88 and thought this is the worst team I've ever seen. I technically didn't "see" the Marlins this weekend but wow.

Yes, they are truly dreadful. Some of the gaffs they had in this series were really really bad. I almost felt bad for Mattingly...

Archived