Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-22: Marlins (Smith) at Brewers (Guerra) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-2]

Eye Black
Um. Is that seriously a catch in baseball? Have it in your glove for a split second, juggle it around and drop it = catch?

Maybe my mind has just been too conditioned by football, but in no way did that look like a catch to me.

I feel as though it shouldn't have been a catch because he didn't lose it bringing it out of his glove on the replay.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Um. Is that seriously a catch in baseball? Have it in your glove for a split second, juggle it around and drop it = catch?

Maybe my mind has just been too conditioned by football, but in no way did that look like a catch to me.

I don’t think it was a catch either. His glove never stopped moving and the ball flung out of it. When they clarified a couple of years ago I thought it was more focused on not costing someone a catch after they had clearly secured it and were trying to transfer the ball to their throwing hand.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I don’t think it was a catch either. His glove never stopped moving and the ball flung out of it. When they clarified a couple of years ago I thought it was more focused on not costing someone a catch after they had clearly secured it and were trying to transfer the ball to their throwing hand.

That's what I was thinking. Ball was moving the entire time.

I'm assuming it must not be a reviewable call.

Wheels fell off for Guerra. Looked to be another nice start from him.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Like to see Hader here since we need Ks

Say whaaaa? :laughing

Man is Jeffress just awesome right now.

Barnes - Hader - Albers to close the door today?

Did anyone notice the homeplate ump just snubbed Nottingham when he wanted to appeal a swing to 1st? I don't think I've ever seen an ump refuse a catcher request on an appeal.

I have seen that many times.

Did anyone notice the homeplate ump just snubbed Nottingham when he wanted to appeal a swing to 1st? I don't think I've ever seen an ump refuse a catcher request on an appeal.

Shows how much I pay attention then. Unless it's completely frivolous I don't think I've seen it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Bubba Derby with 5 2/3 innings of 1 hit ball for Colorado Springs this afternoon. And he's their 4th starter!

Dare I saw this team has more viable starting pitching depth than they have in the last two decades? When you combine that with the solid starts (albeit not deep into games) they are getting at the big league level, I'll admit that so far, my biggest fear regarding this team was very wrong, and that makes me happy.

Shows how much I pay attention then. Unless it's completely frivolous I don't think I've seen it.

Doesn't happen often but it's not unusual.

Bubba Derby with 5 2/3 innings of 1 hit ball for Colorado Springs this afternoon. And he's their 4th starter!

Dare I saw this team has more viable starting pitching depth than they have in the last two decades? When you combine that with the solid starts (albeit not deep into games) they are getting at the big league level, I'll admit that so far, my biggest fear regarding this team was very wrong, and that makes me happy.

I was just going to post this. Derby is one of those pitching prospects no one ever really talks about but he just keeps getting the job done.

Albers on in the 7th? Hmmm. I wonder if they are looking at a 2-inning save attempt from either Hader or Barnes?

I'm going to guess one from each. But Albers mowed through the 7th pretty quickly so possibly they go back to him in the 8th.

Archived