Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-21: Marlins (Urena) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5]

Eye Black
Left off Ortiz because he's one step behind the others in terms of development...and at some point I had to cut off a novel of a post in a game thread when listing pitchers with potential in the organization...it's throughout the systen more so than I can ever remember - I'm as high on Ortiz as anyone, just that he needs more innings and time to be ready for a big league callup.

Nah, that wasn't meant specifically for you but I agree with your thoughts.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honest question - is there any other mlb contender that potentially has what the brewers do on their way to the big league club pitching wise in the high minors (burnes, woodruff, peralta) and rehabbing from injury (nelson, knebel) that can be simple internal additions once they are healthy? I'm not even mentioning all the other arms down there that appear to be mlb-caliber in relief/spot start roles. At the time a guy like houser was considered the better pitcher the brewers got in that gomez trade over hader....

It's kind of silly the amount of pitching depth the brewers have right now that can at the minimum be effective mlb contributors - without even thinking about trade possibilities. If there is a true frontline starter available at the deadline (which I still think is a hole they need to fill if there is legit motivation to contend in the playoffs), the brewers will have the ammo to go out and get him and probably not miss a beat in terms of controllable pitching depth

Was just thinking about that when I saw that Knebel is looking like he'll be back sooner than expected. So many options! I really think you have to go with talent at this point. Jettison Drake, insert Knebel. Nelson hopefully back in a month and a half or so. Chase, Davies, Nelson, Chacin and Junior? BP Knebel, hader, Barnes, jeffress, suter, Albers, taylor will, Jennings/boone with wood, Peralta and burnes in AAA??? Ridiculous. Up to counsell and stearns to manage that depth appropriately

Archived