Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-21: Marlins (Urena) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5]

Eye Black
Yeah, if he is going to steal he better make it 100% of the time. Just awful. So awful. How can Villar not be safe all the time? DFA already.

Exactly. On 1st with two down in a one-run game is the absolute perfect time to attempt a steal. You are going to get caught once in a while. But that's not gonna stop the Villar hate.

He is below replacement level currently as he was last season. That doesn't help.

I was a big Villar fan in 2016. He just flat out has been a pretty bad player since then. It's not like people are just ripping on the mistakes of a guy who is a great player.

Getting thrown out there isn’t a mistake though. It happens. Not gonna make it 100% of the time and it was the right time to try to run. Oh well.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, 8th inning or bust in this one. Yelich-Braun-Shaw-Thames need to produce at least one.

This would be a perfect example of when a manager should use their closer in the 8th inning.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The decision to steal was not a horrible one in that situation, trying to get a guy in scoring position with 2 out, I can get on board.

But the execution was atrocious. The fact that he was thrown out so easily on what looked like a not terrible jump is pretty alarming. He looks absolutely nothing like his 2016 self.

Really? Villar has four steals on the year, and this was his first time caught. Realmuto is a good defensive catcher.

Realmuto is not catching, but was not a bad decision to run, CS going to happen can't get em all.

Not only closed the gap, but also got the pitch count up. The sooner we get into the Marlins crappy pen the better.

When does the last part of this happen?

Hopefully in the 8th because I'm not going to like who's up in the 9th.

Why Hader for only 1 inning?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The decision to steal was not a horrible one in that situation, trying to get a guy in scoring position with 2 out, I can get on board.

But the execution was atrocious. The fact that he was thrown out so easily on what looked like a not terrible jump is pretty alarming. He looks absolutely nothing like his 2016 self.

Really? Villar has four steals on the year, and this was his first time caught. Realmuto is a good defensive catcher.

Realmuto is not catching, but was not a bad decision to run, CS going to happen can't get em all.

My bad. But isn't Holaday a good defender by default, considering he's a light-hitting back-up catcher?

I like Hader for only one since we are down. Can use him tomorrow this way if we have a lead.

Why give Shaw and Thames anything to hit with two outs and Sogard coming to the plate? That was just smart pitching, though Thames did have a pitch to hit had he swung.

Luckily, the Marlins defense has played like a JV team this series...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

That’s where good communication at home plate might get you a run. Well at least we tied it up.

This team really needs Villar to catch lightning in a bottle and secure that sixth spot in the order. It just is needed.

Just realized where that ball landed. I know outfielders should be able to catch that but it wasn’t too far behind where the shortstop plays. Yikes.

Thames didn’t need any help at home. The catcher is on the right side of the foul line. There is absolutely zero reason he should be running on the right side of the foul line. He also was slow jogging it even when it was clear no one had camped under the ball yet. Wow...I mean just wow. That was brutal.

Archived