Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-21: Marlins (Urena) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5]

Eye Black
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow did Urena dodge a huge inning there. Thought for sure Yelich's golf shot was a double and Braun just barely missed a homer. Shaw sent one for a ride too, really just millimeters away from 3 straight homers and an 8-5 lead.

No way is this true of anyone not named Clancy. :)

I defended him pretty hard, I really thought he could be an effective 5th starter.

The bar is high, did you rank him the best prospect in the organization?

No, and didn't even view him long term. I thought in spring it would end up with Woodruff 4 and Suter 5 and that Suter could post a 4.00 ERA until Nelson was back. Which with this offense would have been just fine.

Now Guerra a surprise, so basically need to see if Woodruff or Miley can post better numbers than what Suter has done.

Still early but Woodruff dealing so far for Colorado Springs tonight. Will be kind of disappointing if Suter makes another start.

Suter's got like one more start in him maximum before Miley gets his chance. Miley probably gets at least 2 starts unless the first is god awful before they'd consider replacing him with Woodruff.

So basically, if we don't see Woodruff in the majors by the end of May, it's probably a good sign that Miley is doing well.

Yeah, if he is going to steal he better make it 100% of the time. Just awful. So awful. How can Villar not be safe all the time? DFA already.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Villar has looked pretty awful the last couple nights. I'm still hoping someone out of Villar/Sogard/Perez can turn it around, but how long before Stearns decides to see what Blanco or Dubon can do?

There is nothing in Blanco's history that makes me want him on this team. He has no offensive upside. At all.

The decision to steal was not a horrible one in that situation, trying to get a guy in scoring position with 2 out, I can get on board.

But the execution was atrocious. The fact that he was thrown out so easily on what looked like a not terrible jump is pretty alarming. He looks absolutely nothing like his 2016 self.

Yeah, if he is going to steal he better make it 100% of the time. Just awful. So awful. How can Villar not be safe all the time? DFA already.

Exactly. On 1st with two down in a one-run game is the absolute perfect time to attempt a steal. You are going to get caught once in a while. But that's not gonna stop the Villar hate.

The decision to steal was not a horrible one in that situation, trying to get a guy in scoring position with 2 out, I can get on board.

But the execution was atrocious. The fact that he was thrown out so easily on what looked like a not terrible jump is pretty alarming. He looks absolutely nothing like his 2016 self.

Really? Villar has four steals on the year, and this was his first time caught. Realmuto is a good defensive catcher.

Exactly. On 1st with two down in a one-run game is the absolute perfect time to attempt a steal. You are going to get caught once in a while. But that's not gonna stop the Villar hate.

He is below replacement level currently as he was last season. That doesn't help.

I was a big Villar fan in 2016. He just flat out has been a pretty bad player since then. It's not like people are just ripping on the mistakes of a guy who is a great player.

Archived