Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-21: Marlins (Urena) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5]

Eye Black
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thames is going deep here, I can feel it!

Not quite, but I'll still take it!

I meant to say he is going to find a hole and single, yeah, that's what I meant to say.

:ohwell

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

This team would benefit greatly if they had a good bat in the sixth spot.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I don’t have an issue with Suter getting a shot to start but I will have an issue if they don’t make a change when it’s apparent he’s not that good.

Agree. I have been as big of supporter of Suter on here as anyone, but if he can't get it done we need to give Woodruff another look if he's throwing well in AAA.

I don’t have an issue with Suter getting a shot to start but I will have an issue if they don’t make a change when it’s apparent he’s not that good.

Agree. I have been as big of supporter of Suter on here as anyone, but if he can't get it done we need to give Woodruff another look if he's throwing well in AAA.

No way is this true of anyone not named Clancy. :)

I defended him pretty hard, I really thought he could be an effective 5th starter.

I defended him pretty hard, I really thought he could be an effective 5th starter.

The bar is high, did you rank him the best prospect in the organization?

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Per Adam McCalvy

Ryan Braun's 700th extra-base hit tied Bobby Bonds for 188th all-time. Next up, a trio of onetime Brewers: George Foster and Dante Bichette (702), then Cecil Cooper (703).

Hank Aaron is the all-time extra-base hit king, with 1,477.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I am a Suter fan and definitely wanted him in the rotation this year, but as much as I like him, I just have a hard time seeing him as any sort of long term starter with the organization or even bullpen arm.

There are just too many promising arms in our system that are going to fill up the rotation and the bullpen, Suter would have to be very effective and basically force us to keep him which he's really not doing (he looked particularly hittable tonight, all his pitches seemed like they were ending up with too much of the plate and up).

Suter was probably always destined for a short stay in the rotation this year, and with Miley/Nelson/Woodruff/Burnes/Peralta all likely to get shots in the rotation at some point this year, he's going to fall way down the depth chart once he gets taken out of the rotation, and the bullpen is looking pretty full right now.

I'd say his best chance at any sort of role with the Brewers is as the 8th man in the bullpen or a spot starter that spends most of his time at AAA and as long as he has options he can be kept as depth or until we really need his 40-man roster spot.

Both so close to taking it out of the park. Nice to get it back to one run.

Archived