Brewer Fanatic

The Ryan Braun Milestone Thread

splitterpfj

Robin Yount got called up 5 or 6 age years earlier than Braun and had several poor offensive years when most teams would have still had him in the minors, which definitely gives him a boost in the counting stats as well.

In regards to Yount's defense, certainly his ability to play the premium positions also gives him a value boost compared to Braun, but he was average at best at CF, and only a bit above average at SS. Definitely more value than below average LF, and a half season of abysmal 3b, but I think the biggest argument in value is the differences in offense between eras they have played in.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yount's slash lines from age 24-33 .305/.365/.485 135 OPS+ 55.3 WAR, 5.5 WAR per season

Braun's slash lines from age 24-33 .300/.364/.532 137 OPS+ 43.3 WAR, 4.3 WAR per year

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Yount's slash lines from age 24-33 .305/.365/.485 135 OPS+ 55.3 WAR, 5.5 WAR per season

Braun's slash lines from age 24-33 .300/.364/.532 137 OPS+ 43.3 WAR, 4.3 WAR per year

Super impressive from both guys. Of course Yount was far superior on defense, gold glove caliber at both SS and CF is really incredible.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

• 1 year later...

-Ryan Braun has moved into the top 300 players (299th) of all time with two hits last night which were his 1,909 and 1,910.

-Ryan Braun now has 340 home runs and that puts him in the top 100 of all time as well.

Here are Braun's crazy splits this year but it shows that he's doing some good things offensively for us:

Ryan Braun as Starter: .295/.350/.523/.873 with a 127 OPS+ (89 Games started - 387 PA's)

Ryan Braun as a Sub: .154/.214/.192/.407 with a 17 OPS+ (27 Games entered - 28 PA's)

Ryan Braun Overall: .286/.341/.500/.841 with a 113 OPS+

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Ryan Braun now has 12 career seasons with double-digit home run and stolen base totals. The most such seasons by a Brewer as Molitor and Yount have 9.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Ryan Braun now has 12 career seasons with double-digit home run and stolen base totals. The most such seasons by a Brewer as Molitor and Yount have 9.

Rickey Henderson has 13, Reggie Sanders has 14... I'm not adept at searching this sort of thing, but those are the names I thought of. ANybody with more?

EDIT: Willie Mays has 11 such seasons...

Rickey Henderson has 13, Reggie Sanders has 14... I'm not adept at searching this sort of thing, but those are the names I thought of. ANybody with more?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Barry Bonds did it 16

Barry Bonds did it 16

Barry Bonds did it 16

• 4 weeks later...

With Braun’s salami today he moves into sole possession of the 100th place home run hitter of all time.

It was also the 232nd homer of the season for the Brewers, a new all-time record.

With Braun’s salami today he moves into sole possession of the 100th place home run hitter of all time.

It was also the 232nd homer of the season for the Brewers, a new all-time record.

Wow, this really put into perspective how the game has changed for HR in recent history. There is no way I would have thought he was top 100 already. He probably won't reach top 50 but he should end up top 75 for a few seasons at least before too many pass him.

Not exactly a milestone, but I saw this and thought it worth posting.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play-index/tiny.fcgi?id=hU5NN

How far back does the count data go? I thought it was only through the 80s around where your results stop.

This was posted by baseball reference. See below their tweet for limitations. 5th in the last 30 years is still pretty cool, but yeah there probably were at least a few more instances we aren't aware of. I'm pretty sure there's at least 1 in particular that comes to mind for most baseball fans.

Former Brewers great Jose Valentin on there as well. Still can't believe the Valentin, Vaughn, Jaha, Nilson era didn't get better results haha.

Also, note on that HR yesterday was the lacking of the call by Coshun. For the hate BA gets I'm pretty sure he'd been able to recognize off the bat what was happening there and had a better call.

Braun moved into 181st all-time in doubles in last nights game. He is also moving up the charts in all-time hits where he currently sits at 294.

Braun's 30th double of the season tonight is #400 for his career.

The double is career extra base hit #790. He's got some games left to play this year, and if he's healthy next year, and puts up similar numbers at age 36, it's not unreasonable to see him breaking well into the top 100 all-time in extra base hits. Then some big names start falling.

Carlton Fisk 844 career extra base hits

Roberto Clemente 846

Duke Snider 850

His 3,449 total bases are also moving up the list.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Braun now has 4 playoff appearances with the Brewers in his career. The Brewers only have 6 playoff appearances total in their history. #RyanBraunForever

Archived