Brewer Fanatic

The Ryan Braun Milestone Thread

splitterpfj

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is all amazing considering he would still be arby eligible this year...crazy to think he might break a bunch of team records in his first 6 full seasons

i wouldn't count him out for 50 home runs this year...i wouldn't count him out for any statistic

Love this thread already. I always enjoyed seeing how Brewers players I liked stacked up to all-time numbers. Braun is tied for 282nd All-time in HRs and just projecting out this year he'll be in top 240 if not around top 225 by season's end. That would include passing guys like Rob Deer,Paul Molitor,Ben Oglivie, and approaching/passing Roberto Clemente.

Only the University of Miami kept him from having a chance at the All-Time MLB HR record. Shoulda entered the draft at 18! (kidding/kinda)

I do think Braun has the potential to end up considered one of the top 25-50 players of all-time in MLB history. Especially if he can consistently keep his OPB over .400 for several seasons like I think he is about to

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Splitter- Thank you for starting this thread. I was recently thinking that it has been a bit odd that it has been relatively quiet that Braun will be inching his way upwards in several of the team's all-time top ten offensive categories this season.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I have a silly question but where is Braun on the list for Most Home runs by players in their first 7 seasons.

If I did the query right, Frank Thomas is 10th with 222 (1990 - 1996). So Braun is probably going to be top ten. I don't subscribe to Baseball Reference and they hide the top ten so I don't know who's number 1. I would assume it's Pujols (282 for first 7 seasons).

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Top 10 through first 7 seasons:

1. 294 Kiner

2. 282 Pujols

3. 253 mathews

__253 Ryan Howard

5. 242 Teixeira

6. 241 Frank Robinson

7. 238 Dunn

8. 230 Prince Fielder

9. 228 Banks

10. 222 Ted Williams

___222 Orlando Cepeda

___222 Frank Thomas

A repeat performance from last year with 41 HRs would land Braun 5th on this list 1 ahead of Tex

What's Braun's likely next milestone between team/personal achievement?

Catching Jenkins in home runs, he is four away. He will also catch Ben Oglivie in hits (7th) and RBI (5th) in the next 40 games or so. Here is a good place to see various Brewers leaders.

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/stats/sortable.jsp?c_id=mil#sortColumn=hr&sectionType=sp&playerType=ALL&statType=hitting&season=2013&season_type=ALL&game_type='R'&elem=%5Bobject+Object%5D&tab_level=child&click_text=Sortable+Player+hitting&league_code='MLB'&page=1&ts=1366980291232

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived