Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-18: Reds (Mahle) at Brewers (Davies) 12:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-0]

Eye Black
I don't get leaving Barnes in for a 2 inning save. Hader, yes, but it's not for everyone or everyone would be doing it.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hader two inning saves are a thing of beauty. Asking Barnes for an encore inning? I fear results similar to Caddyshack 2.

Barnes' appearances are always scary, to me... But against a AAAA team a 2 inning save can be done

Bonus mutton chops for the win (BMCFTW)

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Oh man, tailor made double play. Gonna have to live with the Villar good and bad.

We do it with Santana in right and Thames at first but you hardly hear a peep about those two when errors are made. It is what brought me to Villar's bandwagon.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

And Barnes hushes the Brewerfan.net crowd.

2 out of 3. Not pretty but I'll take it. Back above .500!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So is the "two-inning save by committee" approach a thing now?

I hope so. #TrendSetters

Oh man, tailor made double play. Gonna have to live with the Villar good and bad.

We do it with Santana in right and Thames at first but you hardly hear a peep about those two when errors are made. It is what brought me to Villar's bandwagon.

An above replacement level OPS covers a multitude of sins.

Didn't want to gripe about it before the game ended, but will we ever see this team score more than 5 runs against a team that isn't the Padres?
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

It's almost like people have the Villar hate cued up on their iPhones, ready to strike. You are always gonna get good and bad with him. Just gotta keep hoping the good outweighs the bad. So far this year, he's come closer to resembling 2016 Villar than 2017. Just wish the power would warm up ... but I think he's making a concerted effort to get base hits rather than hit for power.

I'm a big Villar fan, he's one of my favorite players on the Brewers actually. Villar, Yelich & Hader

I know Villar is never gonna be Jackie Robinson, but the hatred towards him here is amusing...

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm a big Villar fan, he's one of my favorite players on the Brewers actually. Villar, Yelich & Hader

I know Villar is never gonna be Jackie Robinson, but the hatred towards him here is amusing...

You think its bad here, try surfing Brewers Twitter or the Facebook comments under every line-up he appears in. The hate gets pretty unfathomable.

You think its bad here, try surfing Brewers Twitter or the Facebook comments under every line-up he appears in. The hate gets pretty unfathomable.

Yeah, it is pretty disgusting. It is why I usually ignore someone that tells me that Wisconsin fans are different from the rest. Because it is pure crap.

You could not go through a Facebook game lineup post last year without seeing numerous "WHERE IS SOGARD?!?!" if Sogard was not in the lineup.

Have to hand it to CC for BP managementt the last two games. I thought Barnes was the right call given his 8th and rest situation. Now JJ, Hader, and Albers should be pretty fresh for tomorrow.

Sure would be nice for the offense to let Drake soak up an inning with a big lead...

Archived