Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-17: Reds (Romano) at Brewers (Guerra) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-0]

reillymcshane
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I get why people like Aguilar, but I don't get why people want him to play every day instead of Thames, considering Thames has been our best offensive player. And it isn't even really close.

Wow, have there actually been people arguing for that? Thames is streaky no doubt, but when he's "on", he's one of the top power threats in MLB.

Tack on Brewers... tack on.

Braun should've had a hit last night so 2 for his last 4 have been good at-bats. Hopefully, he is coming out of it too. We need these guys to heat up already.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

so I guess CC will only let a starter finish the 6th inning if they have a perfect game with less than 60 pitches going?

Yeah, your 33-year-old 6th-7th starter should not be on a pitch count.

The way he's pitching, he will reclaim his ace status in no time.

So far, so good for Guerra, and his arrival was much needed. I hope he can recapture what he had in 2016, as that would go a long way toward making the staff respectable, and keep the team in contention.

I get why people like Aguilar, but I don't get why people want him to play every day instead of Thames, considering Thames has been our best offensive player. And it isn't even really close.

Wow, have there actually been people arguing for that? Thames is streaky no doubt, but when he's "on", he's one of the top power threats in MLB.

Yeah, previous page.

Thames' role shouldn't be complicated. He should start every single game against RHP and never against LHP.

I have to say, I really don't care about exit velocity or launch angle. It just seems forced like hey, we have the technology, let's use it. Like those curved TVs they have now, sounds futuristic I guess but meh. If I am watching a hit I can tell if it was "crushed" and will have some impressive exit velocity

Newsflash: Ryan Braun advances to 2nd base on Shaw's single, and to 3B on Santana's fielders choice, and didn't pull up hurt...

Pictures at 11...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

At least Santana was hustling, he is just incredibly slow.

If Santana isn't hitting for power, he is basically useless. He isn't a good baserunner, and is a negative-value defender. He strikes out a ton. I guess he does take walks, which I suppose is saying something with this lineup.

I have to say, I really don't care about exit velocity or launch angle. It just seems forced like hey, we have the technology, let's use it. Like those curved TVs they have now, sounds futuristic I guess but meh. If I am watching a hit I can tell if it was "crushed" and will have some impressive exit velocity

It may mean nothing to you but the information has turned plenty of nobodies into really good hitters.

I can't remember who said it, but a long-time MLB reliever recently said that it's not how many games he pitched in but how many times he got up in the pen that wore him down over the course of the season. Getting up and ready, but not going in, might be as taxing on the arm as actually pitching. If the relievers are going in pretty much every time they warm up - instead of warming up and then sitting down because the starter got out of the inning - the additional appearances might be marginal additional stress, if any.

At least Santana was hustling, he is just incredibly slow.

If Santana isn't hitting for power, he is basically useless. He isn't a good baserunner, and is a negative-value defender. He strikes out a ton. I guess he does take walks, which I suppose is saying something with this lineup.

He did steal 15 bases last year at an almost 80% success rate.

Chocolate Cactus Spread (was that what it was called?) looks terrible after pizza. Someone explain the pizza and sweets combo; it doesn't make any sense to me to eat something sweet after eating pizza.

Nothing would make me more happy to see Nottingham become a stud catcher for us just because of the trade that it occurred in.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived