5. Scooter Gennett (L) 2B 5. Domingo Santana ® RF

6. Devin Mesoraco ® C 6. Eric Sogard (L) 2B

7. Jose Peraza (S) SS 7. Orlando Arcia ® SS

8. C. Pennington (S) 3B 8. Jacob Nottingham ® C

9. Sal Romano ® P 9. Junior Guerra ® P[/pre]

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Villar should be playing tonight and just about every night. Enough of Sogard.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

And with Yelich off the DL, we’ll hopefully have an exciting pinch hit when we’re up by 5 runs in the 7th when Guerra comes out.

"There's more people to ignore in New York or in Boston than there are in Milwaukee, but I would still ignore them, probably."

-Zack Greinke

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Excited to see Nottingham get his first start. Seeing Thames hitting 2nd always looks odd, though. Hopefully Yelich is back in the lineup tomorrow.

It kind of bothers me that Braun hasn't seen any action at 1B since the opening series. I know there have been injuries, but I was hoping that he'd be there more often to get more comfortable.

Villar should be playing tonight and just about every night. Enough of Sogard.

100% agree.

If Villar is our guy in the future, let him play 90% of the games at 2B. Sogard is getting too much playing time.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Somehow Drake is still on the roster. Stearns must not want to admit he was wrong in signing him. How is this bum still wasting a bullpen spot that Adrian Houser or someone else should have?

Unless he's giving Arcia a day off as SS, Sogard shouldn't be in the starting lineup and playing 2nd if Villar is healthy. This is part of the problem I'm having with the musical chairs lineup/positions due to the combination of weird roster construction and all the day-to-day nagging ailments. For the love of God keep hitters who are actually hitting in the lineup.

Generally, I don't like to nitpick who's in the line-up, batting order, etc. That said, I do think Sogard is playing too much. He did just miss a 3 run shot by a foot, and missed another just like it earlier this year. So if those go fair his OPS looks much different this early in the season.

That said, Villar needs to play every day so we know what we have. If he's not cutting it, they can always sprinkle in Sogard more later on.

Good news, Braun/Thames are back and Nottingham is starting. Really looking forward to see how he looks as a catcher, and yea the bat too.

So for Villar has done fine, yea let him play and see what happens.

We are not watching the same player apparently. Villar is the same player as of last season, minus the benching in September. I would like Sogard to play everyday until he proves that he can't. If we could give him half the rope Villar has for some reason gotten, I'd be thrilled. Sogard gets on base more, takes more pitches, makes better contact, walks more, plays better defense, and runs the bases better.

We are not watching the same player apparently. Villar is the same player as of last season, minus the benching in September. I would like Sogard to play everyday until he proves that he can't. If we could give him half the rope Villar has for some reason gotten, I'd be thrilled. Sogard gets on base more, takes more pitches, makes better contact, walks more, plays better defense, and runs the bases better.

Villar has a higher career BB% and OBP than Sogard. Villar has been worth as much WAR as Sogard in 1/4 of the career PAs. We have over 1,500 career PAs that tells us Sogard is not any good. On top of Villar still in prime years and Sogard out of them (not that he ever had any).

He does play defense better. That's true.

Archived