Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-16: Reds (Castillo) at Brewers (Suter) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-4]

Eye Black

You'd obviously assume Coles isn't the entire problem but the lineup plays like little leaguers and it never seems to matter who is in it.

I don’t have a copy of the Brewers organizational handbook so I don’t know for sure, but I don’t see any evidence the organization puts an emphasis on the importance of not making out.

If I was hired as a GM (and I am available if any team needs one), I would make it a critical mission to teach the importance of making an out. It seems like the Brewers teach:

Making a fool of yourself over swinging >>> standing around like a dork and taking a base on balls...

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lopez can go with Drake. He isn’t good either. Next...

Lopez at his best has really good stuff. He was a top prospect not all that long ago and like many guys fell apart in Colorado Spring.

I get he should probably go back down but he's not comparable to Drake and you don't send him out the door with Drake when you can just option him.

Yeah. Wasn’t saying to release Lopez. That’s just silly. But he can go back to Colorado.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Just let Lopez hit third this inning so no one gets hurt.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Lopez can go with Drake. He isn’t good either. Next...

He's pitched like 14 innings in the Majors.....seriously what the hell do you want?

Pitchers that get outs. It’s not much to ask for. He’s walked three and struck out none in his two innings.

Honestly not sure if you're trolling but I guess I'll bite.

You have to give new guys more than, like, ZERO time to adjust to the big leagues.

He's pitched like 14 innings in the Majors.....seriously what the hell do you want?

Pitchers that get outs. It’s not much to ask for. He’s walked three and struck out none in his two innings.

Honestly not sure if you're trolling but I guess I'll bite.

You have to give new guys more than, like, ZERO time to adjust to the big leagues.

Okay, you sold me. He can stay.

Good thing Sogard pinch hit earlier with RISP so Braun could have this opportunity here.

Nottingham can stay too. Bye bye Jett.

The 3-2 slider that he fouled off to stay alive was nasty. Either purely luck or he’s got really good hand/eye to get a piece of that. How many walks do Pina/Bandy have combined this year? Nottingham looked pretty good tonight and only 23.

One of the Reds two wins this year was against the Cubs. Shut them out. I can only imagine what Cubs fans were saying after that game.

Bad teams beat good team occasionally.

Three wins...

Seems to happen to us a little more than occasionally. Getting swept by the Reds last September was devastating to our playoff hopes. We are 5-8 in our last 13 games against them, that won't cut it against bad teams if we expect to contend.

One of the Reds two wins this year was against the Cubs. Shut them out. I can only imagine what Cubs fans were saying after that game.

Bad teams beat good team occasionally.

Three wins...

Seems to happen to us a little more than occasionally. Getting swept by the Reds last September was devastating to our playoff hopes. We are 5-8 in our last 13 games against them, that won't cut it against bad teams if we expect to contend.

I was thinking that this series is one that I could see us getting swept.

Part of me was glad to see Braun robbed of a hit. Get your rear end in the lineup already.

Part of me was glad to see Braun robbed of a hit. Get your rear end in the lineup already.

If he can pinch hit each of the last 2 games, suck it up in LF until Yelich is back. I’d imagine the thought of Hernan perez playing there instead would hurt more than anything else

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Well at least we'll get to see Jorge Lopez pitch tonight.

I had no idea he was even on the team (apparently for 5 days!) until he came in tonight.

I didn't either. Nottingham was also a surprise for me during the game (hadn't been on here all day), so I thought they came up together.

Well at least we'll get to see Jorge Lopez pitch tonight.

I had no idea he was even on the team (apparently for 5 days!) until he came in tonight.

I didn't either. Nottingham was also a surprise for me during the game (hadn't been on here all day), so I thought they came up together.

Yeah, early season ERA aside, this looked to me like the least favorable matchup on the homestand. I think Suter eventually goes to the pen in favor of Woodruff, but we will see. Castillo is a good pitcher. Would have been nice to have someone other than Bandy up in the fifth.

I think this team starts to get on a little roll tonight. Hope so, anyway. Lineup looks a lot better with a healthy Yelich.

How many games are we going to simply give away because of roster mismanagement? Why are 2 dinged up guys not on the DL? Why is Drake on the roster? Why didn't Counsel/Stearns learn their lesson about keeping crappy pitchers because "depth" last year with Milone?

Yeah, early season ERA aside, this looked to me like the least favorable matchup on the homestand. I think Suter eventually goes to the pen in favor of Woodruff, but we will see. Castillo is a good pitcher. Would have been nice to have someone other than Bandy up in the fifth.

I think this team starts to get on a little roll tonight. Hope so, anyway. Lineup looks a lot better with a healthy Yelich.

You may not like Suter, but he hasn't been the problem. Chacin and Davies have been worse. Suter gave up 3 runs in 5 innings yesterday. I'd love to see longer starts, but I'll take that from a back-end rotation guy. Doesn't matter if the offense can't score, and if Drake pitches.

You may not like Suter, but he hasn't been the problem. Chacin and Davies have been worse. Suter gave up 3 runs in 5 innings yesterday. I'd love to see longer starts, but I'll take that from a back-end rotation guy. Doesn't matter if the offense can't score, and if Drake pitches.

I agree with most of this, honestly. I just think Woodruff has a higher ceiling as an MLB starter and have more faith in Guerra than Suter. He isn't bad. He is serviceable. I just don't think he is the best option long-term. I could be wrong to trust Guerra more.

Archived