Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-16: Reds (Castillo) at Brewers (Suter) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-4]

Eye Black
Our rookie catcher has better plate discipline than 95% of our experienced roster... 1 am sure Bandy would have popped up one of those first two balls... I guess you can tell which players started with an organization that values not making an out and which started in an organization that loves solo home runs...

Pretty sure the year he was drafted, the Astros set the MLB record for strikeouts....

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our rookie catcher has better plate discipline than 95% of our experienced roster... 1 am sure Bandy would have popped up one of those first two balls... I guess you can tell which players started with an organization that values not making an out and which started in an organization that loves solo home runs...

He'll have unlearned that discipline by June.

209fdfb209925b183f9d326c80d8520e.jpg

Nice job Villar. Now Cain keep the line moving.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Do the Angels love solo home runs?

Sorry, I was moving from an explicit criticism of Bandy to a general criticism of the Brewers... Bandy is specifically a crappy hitter, I pay so little attention to him I don’t know if his plate approach is better than the average Brewer.

Edit: some words blocked by the curse filter... of course crappy is ok but the slightly different version is a no-no... good to see everything in life makes no sense...

Pretty sure the year he was drafted, the Astros set the MLB record for strikeouts....

If the comment was about Jett, he was drafted by LAA wasn’t he? Isn’t he who we traded for with Maldonado?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If the comment was about Jett, he was drafted by LAA wasn’t he? Isn’t he who we traded for with Maldonado?

Comment was about Nottingham starting with an organization that values not making an out.

Do the Angels love solo home runs?

Sorry, I was moving from an explicit criticism of Bandy to a general criticism of the Brewers... Bandy is specifically a ****** hitter, I pay so little attention to him I don’t know if his plate approach is better than the average Brewer.

Oh gotcha. I wasn’t sure on LAA to be honest. Thought they may be like our old regime.

Down 3 in the 6th inning, not sure who I'd rather they send out there to eat innings than Drake (maybe Lopez I guess but Drake does that thing where he does decently enough for small stretches to make Counsell think he can handle closer games, then he just totally implodes in games like this and Counsell never remembers that the next time).

I think most of the Drake hatred stems from how poorly Counsell uses him.

Maybe the Brewers shouldn’t assume their players no some of the basic tenants of baseball - like when you are down 2 strikes don’t take a pitch that’s close to the strike zone - and maybe tell them repeatedly the same thing until their eyeballs roll into the top of their heads after hearing it for the 5 billionth time... just a thought

The one time you are pretty much okay with Domingo hacking away and praying with 2 strikes, because 9-4 is mildly more interesting but still not really competitive, and 9-7 is getting REALLY interesting, and the inning ends with the bat sitting on Santana's shoulders. Just the stuff you come to expect.

Maybe the Brewers shouldn’t assume their players no some of the basic tenants of baseball - like when you are down 2 strikes don’t take a pitch that’s close to the strike zone - and maybe tell them repeatedly the same thing until their eyeballs roll into the top of their heads after hearing it for the 5 billionth time... just a thought

Using voice recognition software?

I am stunned by how often this team takes called third strikes with runners in scoring position and 2 outs. I mean, you'd think they'd know not to, it just seems incredibly stupid, and yet it happens over and over again.

The most maddening part about it is that these are the same exact guys swinging out of their socks at pitches out of the zone down 5-0 with no one on. It's just incredible.

You'd obviously assume Coles isn't the entire problem but the lineup plays like little leaguers and it never seems to matter who is in it.

Lopez can go with Drake. He isn’t good either. Next...

Lopez at his best has really good stuff. He was a top prospect not all that long ago and like many guys fell apart in Colorado Spring.

I get he should probably go back down but he's not comparable to Drake and you don't send him out the door with Drake when you can just option him.

He's pitched like 14 innings in the Majors.....seriously what the hell do you want?

Pitchers that get outs. It’s not much to ask for. He’s walked three and struck out none in his two innings.

Archived