Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-16: Reds (Castillo) at Brewers (Suter) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-4]

Eye Black
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Should be interesting to see what Counsell does this Saturday. Suter really recovered today and isn't going to get a chance to prove he could go deeper but he was pretty efficient in innings 3-5.

He was good in his last start as well. It seems that Counsell is going to just have a quick hook with him. He's looked much better than Chacin.

You have Sogard, Braun, and Nottingham on the bench, not sure I'd want to waste Braun here if we're in a big spot later in the game, and I think Sogard is a better choice than Nottingham's first career PA.

Not ideal but not sure we have a better option.

You have Sogard, Braun, and Nottingham on the bench, not sure I'd want to waste Braun here if we're in a big spot later in the game, and I think Sogard is a better choice than Nottingham's first career PA.

Not ideal but not sure we have a better option.

You have 2 runs in scoring position and you're down 3. Hard to find a bigger spot than that.

You can't always plan on saving your best PH options for big spots that are already here now and may never come later.

With that said, I thought Sogard was an ok option as far as our limited options go since we insist on playing with 23-24 guys.

I just can't stand watching Suter pitch other than the fact he works fast. He is so incredibly hittable. If you want to make him the long man, fine.

But you've got a top 100 prospects in Woodruff and Burnes, and Freddy Peralta has done nothing to indicate he isn't right there too. Suter just doesn't belong in this rotation at all.

I think Freddy Peralta has the best chance of the three to have immediate success. I think he is the kind of pitcher that MLB hitters will struggle with, especially early on when they haven’t faced him before. If his control is indeed improving he could be an important mid-to-late season rotation add. Also of interest, most previous reports have had his fastball in the 89-92 mph range, but I noticed that Pitch f/x recorded him topping 94-mph in a Spring outing (granted a one inning appearance). I am excited to see Peralta get a chance in an MLB rotation.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Boy. It's as if they want this to be as unenjoyable as possible!

That’s why they put in Drake.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived