Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-16: Reds (Castillo) at Brewers (Suter) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-4]

Eye Black
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suter getting hit hard here in the 2nd inning. Really hope our bats come alive.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Struggling against the Cubs, Cards, Mets is one thing. If they don't do well this homestand, bring out the pitchforks.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I know there's a thread designated for random MLB news and notes, but I just watched Bryce Harper hit a long homerun and also break his bat in the process. Frank Thomas was the only other player I've seen do that.

George Kottaras once did that with the Brewers in the old Marlins stadium I remember. So Harper is in elite company with Frank Thomas and George Kottaras #KottarasForHallOfFame

Rare but it happens. Justin Upton, Mark Texiera, Chris Davis, Barry Bonds...

I don't know who this Castillo guy is, but he's throwing 96-97.

Fun fact, he was once traded for Casey McGehee.

2 starts against the crew last year and he gave up 3 runs. So I'm not entirely confident they'll be able to get outta this hole.

This team reminds me of the end of last year. Always behind...tons of poor at bats.

Pencil Woodruff in for Saturday against the Marlins...

At this point, I'm hoping we are really looking at Woodruff, Burnes, Peralta to fill out this rotation. Might as well let those guys get their feet wet this season and go through the growing pains with those guys.

I just can't stand watching Suter pitch other than the fact he works fast. He is so incredibly hittable. If you want to make him the long man, fine.

But you've got a top 100 prospects in Woodruff and Burnes, and Freddy Peralta has done nothing to indicate he isn't right there too. Suter just doesn't belong in this rotation at all.

Reds were one of the main reasons we didn't make the playoffs last year.

They need to do better than this against the cellar dwellers. If you're going to be patting yourself on the back for going. 500 against a tough stretch, you damn well better be able to make up ground on the easy stretches.

This offense without Yelich, Braun, Thames and Pina is really hard to watch.

Suter has struggled but our offense has been pretty putrid all season.....thank goodness it is very early

They had all those guys besides Yelich until recently and were still really hard to watch.

It's a deeper problem than injuries.

If the off-season plan for the offense was to strike out less, that plan hasn't resulted in more scoring, that's for sure.

Yep, gonna be hard to blame Suter when he goes six innings and gives up three runs.

Archived