Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-14: Brewers (Anderson) at Mets (Harvey) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-1]

Eye Black
In other news, rough outing for Chris Archer versus the Phillies tonight... 4.0 IP, 8 H, 7 ER, 2 BB, 2 SO

Braves bullpen blows a 9-1 lead to Cubs... Been some strange things today.

I've watched a lot of baseball today, and will be stuck inside for 2 more days. We have about 16 inches of snow already here and going to snow through tomorrow. Will approach 30 inches by the time it's done.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jonathan Villar’s positive start had me wondering how Neil Walker has done so far: .188 AVG .209 SLG% .472 OPS

To be honest Villar's start hasn't been nearly as positive as people think. The .302 average is about all there is and its very hollow. The OBP matches the .302 BA because he's yet to draw a single walk this season and his power up until tonight has been almost non-existent. The OPS coming into tonight was actually lower than last season even with a .406 BABIP which probably isn't sustainable so he's even been a bit lucky. The K rate is slightly down but still over 25%.

Don't get me wrong, I thought the same until recently and I think he should be the guy at 2nd and have a long leash, I'm just saying when you look past his batting average his start actually hasn't been very good.

And a very nice turn by Villar to get out of the third. Positive movement.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Jonathan Villar’s positive start had me wondering how Neil Walker has done so far: .188 AVG .209 SLG% .472 OPS

To be honest Villar's start hasn't been nearly as positive as people think. The .302 average is about all there is and its very hollow. The OBP matches the .302 BA because he's yet to draw a single walk this season and his power up until tonight has been almost non-existent. The OPS coming into tonight was actually lower than last season even with a .406 BABIP which probably isn't sustainable so he's even been a bit lucky. The K rate is slightly down but still over 25%.

Don't get me wrong, I thought the same until recently and I think he should be the guy at 2nd and have a long leash, I'm just saying when you look past his batting average his start actually hasn't been very good.

He has earned a pretty high BABIP from the hits he has gotten. His speed has earned it. No, it is not sustainable, but neither is not walking or having zero power. That being said I just called it positive. I think his approach has been pretty good. It’s not like he isn’t drawing walks because he is flailing away up there. He has been acceptable on defense and fine running the bases.

Why does Sogard hit 6th?!

Last May and June Eric Sogard hit 44-for-130 (.339) with 12 doubles and 3 HRs.

Since July of last year Eric Sogard has hit 29-for-146 (.198) with 6 doubles, 1 triple, and 0 HRs.

There really doesn’t appear to be any good excuse for having him batting 6th in a major league lineup.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Is it that cold there? Braun looks miserable.

Nice hit though. Lol

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

That's why you're far better off being content with Braun being a 75% of the time player and hope you can get near 100% effectiveness that much time than forcing him into the lineup every day.

Hes been playing too much -- through no fault of Counsell, because they've had other OF injury issues too. But he needs those maintenance days regardless of who else isn't available.

Hopefully nothing more than precautionary.

Pitch one to Gonzalez from Chase has been called a strike for Harvey. BS.

They have the technology to replace these incompetent egomaniacs and I don't know why anyone is still against it.

Either go to an electronic zone or get a lot better umpiring. The umpiring still sucks every single year so just go to the damn e-zone.

Archived