Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-13: Brewers (Davies) at Mets (Matz) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-5]

Eye Black
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bandy sucks. Will be a shame if we lose this because of how badly the 5th inning was managed.

Bandy needs to be DFA'd immediately.

I imagine the day is approaching fast. He had to show something with Vogt out.

Bandy sucks. Will be a shame if we lose this because of how badly the 5th inning was managed.

Bandy needs to be DFA'd immediately.

Lol. He's the backup catcher. I don't expect much out of him.

I didn't expect him to be great, but when we traded Maldonado+ for him I thought he would be a little better than he's been. He was our opening day catcher last season.

The losses just seem so much more painful this season.

The 5th inning was indeed a disaster.

Counsell lost this game in the 5th tonight when he inexplicably rolled with Davies with a high pitch count on a night that he had nothing. The result was inevitable and by the time he pulled him the damage was already done. The pen was rested and there was absolutely no reason for him to just hope to get lucky.

Other than that, the little things as it almost always is with this team. Trying to go 1st to 3rd and making the 3rd out at 3rd. A wild pitch ends up being the winning run. Another night and more new ways to lose.

I have been watching this team for 25 years and there are few players I have enjoyed watching less than Jett Bandy. He is terrible. Can't hit, run or throw and has never had a big hit I can remember. Shocked to see him and Hader on MLB network earlier today in studio. Who wants to talk to Jett Bandy?

So that’s what a closer looks like.

This pen is Exhibit A for the concept that closing games is just an entirely different job and mindset getting those last 3 outs than it is getting outs in any other inning.

This is a very good pen with a lot of good to great relievers and the numbers have reflected that. But no closer and the numbers have reflected that too.

Josh Hader and Taylor Williams probably are the 2 best bets for being successful "closers" and I don't see either one of them getting the job anytime soon.

Archived