Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-13: Brewers (Davies) at Mets (Matz) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-5]

Eye Black
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone know our ground ball percentage as a team? Seems like we are beating it into the ground a lot this year so far.

I brought up the same question a couple games ago. I agree that it seems like they are hitting a lot more ground balls this season compared to last season. Very few balls are being hit hard for outs in the outfield or to the track like last season where it seemed like there were a few near miss home runs each game.

Davies is either lights out or utter garbage every outing. There just isn't much in between for him. Usually you already know by the second inning which one you are getting that day.

He's not been good today, and the total run count is much better than it should be. If he can survive this with 5 innings and 2 runs it'll be pretty remarkable.

If it doesn’t turn around on the road trip, fire Coles.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Anyone know how many non solo home runs we’ve hit this year? Seems like that’s all we hit.

Well Braun's first was a 3 run job I believe. Off the very top of my head I can't think of another one that wasn't solo.

Regarding the offense... the bad news is they have struggled thus far and are averaging just 3.38 runs per game coming into tonight, only 7 teams have been worse. The good news is the next three series are against even worse run scoring offenses including the worst, #27 Miami (3.25/gm), #28 Cincinnati (3.17/gm), #30 Kansas City (2.91/gm).
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Regarding the offense... the bad news is they have struggled thus far and are averaging just 3.38 runs per game coming into tonight, only 7 teams have been worse. The good news is the next three series are against even worse run scoring offenses including the worst, #27 Miami (3.25/gm), #28 Cincinnati (3.17/gm), #30 Kansas City (2.91/gm).

They haven't faced our pitching yet.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

We obviously have to get more than 4 innings out of our starting pitcher to start this series, but sending Davies back out next inning to face the top of their order a third time seems like playing with fire tonight.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

What the Mets did to Davies tonight is what I envisioned for this Brewers offense.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived