Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Thursday 4/12

Mass Haas
Brewer Fanatic Staff

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/store/dailylinkreport.jpg

Organizational Scoreboard including starting pitcher info, game times, MiLB TV links, and box scores

Links for affiliate audio

Have great seasons Dan and Erik in Colorado Springs, Garrett as he jumps up from Helena to Biloxi, Greg in Carolina, and Chris in Appleton!

Media notes, standings, and sortable stat pages

The entire local TV Timber Rattlers broadcast schedule

The first TV game is Wednesday April 18th.

Must-follows for you on Twitter -- In addition to the affiliate Twitter accounts, please follow:

@BrewersFarm

@BrewCrewBlue

Believe me, the way they supplement any coverage and links we might be able to provide is invaluable.

For those worried about Hiera, he will be back tonight at DH

Adam McCalvy

@AdamMcCalvy

1h1 hour ago

More Adam McCalvy Retweeted Matt Dawson

Hit in the shoulder by a pitch during a doubleheader on Sunday, and it tightened up on him. Expected back at DH for the Mudcats tonight, per Tom Flanagan, who said the elbow remains "unchanged." They think he'll be fine with some more time off from throwing.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

From the Transaction Thread --

Brewers Player Dev (‏@BrewersPD):

RHP Angel Ventura has been transferred to Colorado Springs. OF Kyle Wren placed on the DL

From Tuesday's game 4/10:

New Orleans Top of the 6th

Pitching Change: Michael Brady replaces Freddy Peralta, batting 9th, replacing Johnny Davis.

Cristhian Adames singles on a line drive to center fielder Keon Broxton.

Jonathan Rodriguez grounds into a double play, second baseman Andres Blanco to shortstop Mauricio Dubon to first baseman Ji-Man Choi. Cristhian Adames out at 2nd.

Rafael Ortega triples (1) on a fly ball to center fielder Keon Broxton.

Defensive Substitution: Quintin Berry replaces left fielder Kyle Wren, batting 8th, playing left field.

J. B. Shuck doubles (2) on a fly ball to center fielder Keon Broxton. Rafael Ortega scores.

Austin Nola grounds out, second baseman Andres Blanco to first baseman Ji-Man Choi.

I went back to watch the MiLB.com archive (01:51:00 minute mark), and Wren suffered what appeared to be either a groin or hamstring injury chasing the ball down. He did walk off under his own power, so hopefully his 7-day DL stint won't extend by too much.

I’ve been fighting against the Lara is 20.... should just give up & cut him already haters for a long while.... please Good Lord let this be the Lara of the future! All talent in world, hopefully things are finally going to click for him & his attitude has turned around.

Hello Corey Ray.... about time we get to meet you!

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Final: Biloxi 6, Mississipi 5

Ray Completes Comeback to Make it a Sweet Six for the Shuckers

Corey Ray's Five RBIs Pave the Way for Biloxi's Sixth Consecutive Win

By Spencer Siegel

cut.JPG

Biloxi Box Score

Corey Ray has had three hits - including the game-winner - and drove in five runs on Thursday to lead Biloxi to a 6-5 victory over Mississippi. Ray also had a walk and a stolen base. The Shuckers fell behind in the top of the inning but rallied with three runs in their half of the inning - the big blow a three run double by Ray.

On the mound, Zack Brown was cruising along with a two-hit shutout until falling apart in 6th inning. He surrendered a walk and two hits - the final hit a 3-run HR.

Batting

Corey Ray: 3-4, 2B, BB, 5 RBI, SB

Troy Stokes Jr.: 1-4, BB, RBI

Tyler Heineman: 2-3, BB

Jake Hager: 2-4

Pitching

Zack Brown: 6.0 IP, 5 hits, 3 ER, 1BB, 5K

Wuilder Rodriguez: 1.0 IP, 1K

Nick Ramirez: 1.0 IP, 3 hits, 2 ER, 1BB, 2K, Win

Nate Griep: 1.0 IP, 0 ER, 1BB, 1K, Save

Notes

Mississippi Braves third baseman Austin Riley had 2 HR and 5 RBI on the day.

Biloxi Game Log

The bottom of the 8th was the big inning for Biloxi.

Biloxi Bottom of the 8th

Jake Gatewood singles on a ground ball to third baseman Austin Riley.

Nick Ramirez walks. Jake Gatewood to 2nd.

Offensive Substitution: Pinch-runner Wendell Rijo replaces Nick Ramirez.

Tyler Heineman singles on a ground ball to right fielder Tyler Neslony. Jake Gatewood to 3rd. Wendell Rijo to 2nd.

Jake Hager flies out to center fielder Michael Reed.

Dylan Moore strikes out swinging.

Corey Ray doubles (2) on a line drive to left fielder Travis Demeritte. Jake Gatewood scores. Wendell Rijo scores. Tyler Heineman scores.

Troy Stokes Jr. flies out to right fielder Tyler Neslony.

Question about Corey Ray -- looking at the video in today's thread, how does his swing look? Is it a little more compact than in the past? Or am I just imagining things? Just curious what others think.

I'm not going to get excited about Ray - or anyone else - doing well after a handful of games. I'm thrilled he's doing well - but it's so early and the sample size is tiny.

Same goes for players doing poorly. Things can change very quickly this early in the year. Not going to get too worked up about 6-7 games.

I'm not going to get excited about Ray - or anyone else - doing well after a handful of games. I'm thrilled he's doing well - but it's so early and the sample size is tiny.

I've watched video of two of his extra base hits and they were badly misplayed by the outfielders. Trust me, I want him to succeed but am tempering my enthusiasm for a while.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Winston-Salem 3, Carolina 2

Booker Steals Home as Dash Defeat Mudcats 3-2 in Extras

Joel Booker stole home to finish off a 3-2 Dash victory versus the Mudcats

cut.jpeg

The Mudcats came out on the short end of the new extra innings rule. Eleven hits with five of the extra base variety led to only two runs which cost the Mudcats here. Offensive highlights:

Dallas Carroll 2-4, BB

Keston Hiura 3-5, 3B

Tucker Neuhaus 0-3, 2 BB

Clint Coulter 2-5, 2 2B

Ronnie Gideon 2-4, HR

The pitching highlights:

Trey Supak 5 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 3 K

Conor Harber 3 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 3 K

Daniel Brown took the loss in relief and Cody Beckman threw a scoreless inning in his Mudcats' debut.

Carolina Box Score

Carolina Log

Winston-Salem Bottom of the 10th

Pitching Change: Daniel Brown replaces Cody Beckman.

Gavin Sheets starts inning at 2nd base.

Offensive Substitution: Pinch-runner Joel Booker replaces Gavin Sheets.

Micker Adolfo strikes out swinging.

Yermin Mercedes lines out to left fielder Weston Wilson.

Yeyson Yrizarri singles on a sharp ground ball to third baseman Dallas Carroll. Joel Booker to 3rd.

Ti'Quan Forbes walks. Yeyson Yrizarri to 2nd.

With Mitch Roman batting, Joel Booker steals (3) home.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Curious about how the Mudcats didn't score in their half of the 10th -- combination of a less-than-ideal Hiura at-bat and a tough luck line out:

Carolina Top of the 10th

Dallas Carroll starts inning at 2nd base.

Keston Hiura grounds out, third baseman Ti'Quan Forbes to first baseman Gavin Sheets.

Mike Morrison intentionally walks Tucker Neuhaus.

With Clint Coulter batting, wild pitch by Mike Morrison, Dallas Carroll to 3rd. Tucker Neuhaus to 2nd.

Clint Coulter lines into a double play, shortstop Yeyson Yrizarri to third baseman Ti'Quan Forbes. Dallas Carroll doubled off 3rd.

Archived