Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-11: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Guerra) 12:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 game above .500 with a -15 run differential after this game. I'll take it

Yep. We have been bad but we have survived. So far.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Not to overstate the obvious but we need more bullpen help

Not really. You just can't expect a pitching staff to keep a team to 2 runs or less every single night. They need to score more runs, and hopefully they'll have Yelich and Cain back soon.

Not to overstate the obvious but we need more bullpen help

Not really. You just can't expect a pitching staff to keep a team to 2 runs or less every single night. They need to score more runs, and hopefully they'll have Yelich and Cain back soon.

Nah. Any time a reliever gives up a run they should be dfa'ed. I thought Stearns was smart but I don't see 7 Mariano Riveras in the pen so who does he think he's fooling? Also I expect Counsell to be fired any day now.

Nice win but can we work some hatred for Barnes and Drake into this thread?

The reason we won is because they didn’t pitch.

Happy? Lol

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Albers & Hader are good. Jeffress is hopefully going to be good. You either need more starters to go deeper (unlikely) or you need more bullpen depth...

But this is a rebuilding year so it doesn't matter, right?

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Albers & Hader are good. Jeffress is hopefully going to be good. You either need more starters to go deeper (unlikely) or you need more bullpen depth...

But this is a rebuilding year so it doesn't matter, right?

You are severely underestimating a lot of our bullpen. But to each their own.

The lineup for the last few days has been last years lineup without Yelich and Cain. For any hope we have to get into the playoffs we need both of those guys to be in the lineup as often as possible, because the rest of the lineup (excluding Santana) are pretty crappy at taking a base on balls. Two more solo home runs today. Sounding familiar...

We also need genital stunning devices to be added to Craig Counsell and the players. If CC puts Villar in the leadoff he gets zapped, if he selects Drake out of the pen in any game the Brewers are not up by 4 runs he gets zapped. If the relievers miss the strike zone by more than 12 inches they get zapped and continually get zapped until their Strike/Ball ratio exceeds 0.6. The hitters get zapped any time they strikeout with men on base/or they don't advance the runner. It works on dogs and animals to keep them from doing things you don't want and it should work on the Brewers...

I'm not worried about our pen at all. There's a lot of good arms in there already. Knebel will fortunately be back and Houser and Peralta could be factors as well. Williams hasn't even scratched the surface of what he could end up doing there.

What would be a big help is scoring more than 3.3 runs per game,

Watching the game on Facebook and it dropped the feed on me right before the final pitch. Not pleased about that.

We should try this going into the 9th inning with at least a 2 run lead more often. It seems to work wonders.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

If you're concerned about the Brewers bullpen, I can bet that Cardinals fans are much more concerned about theirs. The Brewers have lit up the Cards bullpen and even in losses to the Cards they have been backpedaling. Not only did the Brewers beat the Cards bullpen twice, in the last game of the first series even though the Cards won 6-0 they used three pitchers in the 9th.

Archived