Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-11: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Guerra) 12:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too bad Jennings wasn't smart enough to get to 3rd base there, the wild pitch would've scored a run...

I understand this sentiment. However, it'd also been nice if the lead off hitter could have gotten a hit after the pitcher hit a double.

You may run like Mays...

If they got hits every time, we'd have nothing to chirp about.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Too bad Jennings wasn't smart enough to get to 3rd base there, the wild pitch would've scored a run...

I understand this sentiment. However, it'd also been nice if the lead off hitter could have gotten a hit after the pitcher hit a double.

Villar will never do anything right *sigh

Villar will never do anything right *sigh

Are you complaining about Villar, or about people complaining about Villar? I don't have any issue with him. I think he can contribute to the team. I do wish the Brewers in general would come through more often on breaks like that one in close games like this, even though I know that statistically most teams don't.

You may run like Mays...

Dan Jennings is only confirming that he should have pitched last night.

[sarcasm]But then who would've pitched today?[/sarcasm]

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This team will be really fun to watch when our top of the order starts to actually hit (minus Thames right now). Until then, tread.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Are you complaining about Villar, or about people complaining about Villar? I don't have any issue with him. I think he can contribute to the team. I do wish the Brewers in general would come through more often on breaks like that one in close games like this, even though I know that statistically most teams don't.

Got it. Guess I misconstrued what you were saying. The continuous Villar bashing has gotten old around here. He's been just fine this year. I agree that a hit there would have been nice, though.

If Braun continues to hit below .200, once Yelich comes back will Braun sit vs RHP? Even if Santana is putting up better stats than Braun?

Play two, sit one. Play two, one. Rinse and repeat.

Nice comeback by Jennings there to get Bader.

If Hader can get through the 8th in less than 15 pitches, I bet he comes out for the 9th.

bet he doesn't...

:tongue

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Guys.....I think I'm going to sound like a broken record by the end of the year, but Josh Hader is our best pitcher and it's not even close.

His fastball was pretty damn hard to hit last year, but with his offspeed stuff getting better and more often used this year, his fastball has become essentially unhittable.

Archived