Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-11: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Guerra) 12:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um...I am looking at Guerra's first two pitches to Pena and seeing two balls?

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to nitpick single pitches, but sometimes umpires just confuse me. Has anyone ever really analyzed the accuracy of these K-zone boxes? I get that it's like a serious physics/philosophy conundrum to actually know, with precision, where an object locates itself in physical space (and certainly the fluidity of the strike zone makes things even harder), but I would just be generally curious to see data on sources of error or how these things attempt to measure their own precision. Something like a confidence interval would be useful.

Okay, rant over.

When did Braun play 2B at the big league level?

Never, not even 1 inning, although I think he participated in some of the 5 man infield things, but still officially as the LF

Only thing I can think of is when they bring him in as a 5th infielder, he has lined up where the second basemen play. But yea, other than that... nada.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

When did Braun play 2B at the big league level?

Never, not even 1 inning, although I think he participated in some of the 5 man infield things, but still officially as the LF

That is what I thought... These guys are a struggle to listen to calling the game.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I thought Shaw would've been a good matchup for Wainright but so far it has looked like an awkward at-bat.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to nitpick single pitches, but sometimes umpires just confuse me. Has anyone ever really analyzed the accuracy of these K-zone boxes? I get that it's like a serious physics/philosophy conundrum to actually know, with precision, where an object locates itself in physical space (and certainly the fluidity of the strike zone makes things even harder), but I would just be generally curious to see data on sources of error or how these things attempt to measure their own precision. Something like a confidence interval would be useful.

Okay, rant over.

Nope. Home plate umpires are just awful. Someone posted a link showing they are 90% accurate or something. I mean, that's just incredibly low considering the amount of pitches that are clearly balls and strikes. I'm trying not to complain this year about them, but I anticipate I'll make it to like May.

Small sample size, but Santana's ground ball percentage is way up so far this year. Has he been spending too much time around Yelich this offseason?

He continues to hit the ball very hard, but hoping he can elevate a bit more and turn those hard hit singles into doubles and homers.

Okay, rant over.

Nope. Home plate umpires are just awful. Someone posted a link showing they are 90% accurate or something. I mean, that's just incredibly low considering the amount of pitches that are clearly balls and strikes. I'm trying not to complain this year about them, but I anticipate I'll make it to like May.

I'm sure that 90% is all pitches. I would guess you could correctly call about 90% of pitches correctly watching on TV. It's the 1 inch on either side of the strikezone they're probably about 50% right on.

Small sample size, but Santana's ground ball percentage is way up so far this year. Has he been spending too much time around Yelich this offseason?

He continues to hit the ball very hard, but hoping he can elevate a bit more and turn those hard hit singles into doubles and homers.

If I remember correctly, they talked about it on air during one of the games that his power surge didn't come last year until further into the season.

Junior is dealin! Loving it!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I was a little surprised that Junior didn't make the team out of ST. I think he may end up being the unsung hero of the early season if he can string together a few good 6-7 IP starts. It sure would stabilize things and lessen the load/pressure on the rest of the staff.

Nice job Villar. That third run is a big one.

Archived