Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-11: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Guerra) 12:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2]

Eye Black

Hg7aZZT.jpg

Hg7bmto.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Cardinals Lineup

1. Jonathan Villar (S) 2B 1. Greg Garcia (L) SS

2. Eric Thames (L) 1B 2. Tommy Pham ® CF

3. Ryan Braun ® LF 3. Matt Carpenter (L) 3B

4. Travis Shaw (L) 3B 4. Marcell Ozuna ® LF

5. Domingo Santana ® RF 5. Jose Martinez ® 1B

6. Hernan Perez ® CF 6. Kolten Wong (L) 2B

7. Orlando Arcia ® SS 7. Harrison Bader ® RF

8. Jett Bandy ® C 8. Francisco Pena ® C

9. Junior Guerra ® P 9. Adam Wainwright ® P[/pre]

Reminder: You will need a Facebook account to watch today’s game. More details available at this link, Brewers-Cards exclusively on Facebook today.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps I'll be proven wrong, but I'm not convinced that you have to have a Facebook account to view the game. Never opened a FB account and don't plan to. I just went to the MLB Live Facebook site and was able to view the entire site and start watching the replay of the Rockies/Padres game that is on the top of the site without logging in. It asked me to login a few times, but I just hit escape or "Not now" and it went away.

If it turns out that you do have to log in, then I'm glad that it appears that they are just doing this for weekday afternoon games when I usually just tune it in on the radio anyways.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Thanks, Patrick. I was content with radio too, but it is worth a shot to watch.

Went to bed after the Brewers half of the seventh last night thinking loss. Still have a bad taste from seeing the recap. Glad this gets underway at noon to try and remedy that. I feel good about the offense getting going. Warmer air may help. Hope Guerra is sharp. Always worse to lose before an off day I think, though this off day is more needed than most.

Santana is due for a blast. I say the Crew brings the homer bats today.

Edit: with Phillips optioned, Perez in center today one would think.

i imagine there's a sign in the visitors' clubhouse: do not argue and do not get ejected today.

the brewers are very, very, very thin on positional players today, with lorenzo cain and manny pina likely unavailable, and brett phillips optioned.

hoping guerra can go seven or eight in a blowout victory.

There is absolutely no way Phillips wouldn’t be more helpful today than Drake, who is both unavailable likely and bad definitely. Good god this roster construction is getting as bad as the bullpen usage

If you don't want to outright Drake, there has to be other options. Braun-Perez-Santana has to be a historically bad defensive outfield. Even Villar in CF would be better than Perez.
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

They could have optioned Suter, then called Woodruff back up on the 17th which is the next time they need a 5th starter. That would have been an option as long as they're playing musical roster chairs anyway.

I think someone needs to take Stearns' phone and internet access away for at least the next 3-4 days so he can't contact CO Springs about additional roster moves. Let the dust settle a bit and just play with what you've got on the roster right now - there's already enough shuffling that needs to happen on a daily basis with the 25-man active roster as is.

They really need a big offensive day to try and preserve what's left of their pen and allow Guerra a long leash to get through 6-7 IP. If he gets shelled early, Guerra should just be the sacrificial lamb on getaway day - no way should he get pulled early no matter what.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I don't like Braun, Perez, Santana as an outfield either, but it's one game in April. With guys banged up, needing a fifth starter, and wanting an additional arm in the pen, I don't really see a better option.

We are one strained hamstring away from seeing Sogard or Thames running around out there. I just hope they make it through today with no more injuries.

I don't like Braun, Perez, Santana as an outfield either, but it's one game in April. With guys banged up, needing a fifth starter, and wanting an additional arm in the pen, I don't really see a better option.

They don't need a fifth starter right now but they don't have a backup catcher or anybody capable of playing CF adequately right now. Suter being optioned or Drake going away would have been my preference so there were other options.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

They don't need a fifth starter right now but they don't have a backup catcher or anybody capable of playing CF adequately right now. Suter being optioned or Drake going away would have been my preference so there were other options.

Suter actually pitched great last night. I thought he was pulled prematurely. Would have been nice to see him get through 6 at least.

Field reporter for this Facebook broadcast showing the Cardinals Hall of Fame:

"A lot of these Cardinals Hall of Famers were fan favorites."

Uh...you think?

Shouldn't Facebook have known that already based off of all their data mining?

Definitely fan favorites of Russian troll farms.

Field reporter for this Facebook broadcast showing the Cardinals Hall of Fame:

"A lot of these Cardinals Hall of Famers were fan favorites."

Uh...you think?

Shouldn't Facebook have known that already based off of all their data mining?

Definitely fan favorites of Russian troll farms.

North Koreans are Cardinals fans. Russians love that team in Cincinnati.

Looks like I was wrong. Went to the MLB Live Facebook page and do not see a link to the game. So, looks like you do need to have a Facebook account to view it. Oh Well.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived