Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-10: Brewers (Suter) at Cardinals (Martínez) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3, 11 innings]

Eye Black
My only problem with Drake there was the 2 guys on. The pen is to the point where you have to do something you don't love just for stamina's sake.

I have sympathy for Drake. He's not a terrible pitcher and is constantly put in awful situations.

Nah, hes pretty awful. I was really hoping he wasn't going to be on the team coming into this year. You can't come into a situation like that, and walk a score in on 4 straight pitches. It was just as pathetic when Holland did it last night. A relievers only purpose is to normally get through 1 or 2 batters, which he obviously can't do

He's thrown pretty well this season so far. He came on with 2 guys on and the game is tied. The walks are inexcusable but this board is ready to cut his head off with every bad pitch. There's nobody else on the team that draws the kind of vitriol he does, and with him, it's as if people want him to fail.

He walked in a run from 2nd and wasnt close!

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
My only problem with Drake there was the 2 guys on. The pen is to the point where you have to do something you don't love just for stamina's sake.

I have sympathy for Drake. He's not a terrible pitcher and is constantly put in awful situations.

Nah, hes pretty awful. I was really hoping he wasn't going to be on the team coming into this year. You can't come into a situation like that, and walk a score in on 4 straight pitches. It was just as pathetic when Holland did it last night. A relievers only purpose is to normally get through 1 or 2 batters, which he obviously can't do

He's thrown pretty well this season so far. He came on with 2 guys on and the game is tied. The walks are inexcusable but this board is ready to cut his head off with every bad pitch. There's nobody else on the team that draws the kind of vitriol he does, and with him, it's as if people want him to fail.

I don't think people want him to fail. They just don't want him to be on the team. He isn't horrible as the last reliever in the pen, but Counsell never treats him like that. He's always put in tight spots, and the track record isn't good.

Someone should tell the Brewers you normally need to hit the ball to advance runners in scoring position.

Hold my beer- brewers last night in the 10th

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
They have Jordan Hicks; we have Oliver Drake. I like Oliver, but that Hicks kid throws some serious heat.

They have Jordan Hicks, who they use in big spots. We have Taylor Williams, who has similar stuff, but is apparently not to be trusted. Instead, we get two innings of Ducky.

Is that what they mean by a quality at bat?

I get that Arcia's defense is valuable, but I don't get pulling Villar when he's been one of the few swinging a decently hot bad. Just so you can try to get two innings out of Drake?

God help us... how are we this tight in the pen that we need multiple innings from drake. Williams is better CC stop burying kids for guys that you know suck!

They have Jordan Hicks; we have Oliver Drake. I like Oliver, but that Hicks kid throws some serious heat.

They have Jordan Hicks, who they use in big spots. We have Taylor Williams, who has similar stuff, but is apparently not to be trusted. Instead, we get two innings of Ducky.

Taylor is not a proven player. Therefore he cannot be trusted. Oh, that Hicks kid is a rookie? Well, then hell if I know.

Archived