Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-10: Brewers (Suter) at Cardinals (Martínez) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3, 11 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember that series. It was nice to watch the Brewers play a team that was even crappier than they were at the simple stuff. Didn't Buck rip into the team in the media after it because it was just so awful?

He was frustrated with his rotation and Machado mostly. Dog days of July were unkind for that group.

That's right. Machado loafed it quite a bit.

Drake's delivery is so borked. The way he brings the ball so low behind him and then plants his lead leg so far ahead of when his arm starts coming forward makes it really hard for him to bring the ball down into the strike zone. I haven't looked at stats, but from the eye test, it seems like tons of his pitches sail high. It's got to be hard on his arm/back, too.

Not to pile on the critiques already... but Drake is about the last arm in the pen to bring out here. Is CC hoping for a ground ball?

Then use Jeffress. The pen wasn't used that heavy last night and wasnt used at all sunday.

Its 1-0... you had 11 outs to go.

My only problem with Drake there was the 2 guys on. The pen is to the point where you have to do something you don't love just for stamina's sake.

I have sympathy for Drake. He's not a terrible pitcher and is constantly put in awful situations.

Nah, hes pretty awful. I was really hoping he wasn't going to be on the team coming into this year. You can't come into a situation like that, and walk a score in on 4 straight pitches. It was just as pathetic when Holland did it last night. A relievers only purpose is to normally get through 1 or 2 batters, which he obviously can't do

Really too bad for Suter. He pitched terrific tonight. Wish it would have been a little deeper into the game, but that was exactly what the team needed.

I don't care what anybody says, I am glad he's with the Crew!

My only problem with Drake there was the 2 guys on. The pen is to the point where you have to do something you don't love just for stamina's sake.

I have sympathy for Drake. He's not a terrible pitcher and is constantly put in awful situations.

Nah, hes pretty awful. I was really hoping he wasn't going to be on the team coming into this year. You can't come into a situation like that, and walk a score in on 4 straight pitches. It was just as pathetic when Holland did it last night. A relievers only purpose is to normally get through 1 or 2 batters, which he obviously can't do

He's thrown pretty well this season so far. He came on with 2 guys on and the game is tied. The walks are inexcusable but this board is ready to cut his head off with every bad pitch. There's nobody else on the team that draws the kind of vitriol he does, and with him, it's as if people want him to fail.

He's thrown pretty well this season so far. He came on with 2 guys on and the game is tied. The walks are inexcusable but this board is ready to cut his head off with every bad pitch. There's nobody else on the team that draws the kind of vitriol he does, and with him, it's as if people want him to fail.

Villar says hello.

Archived