Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-10: Brewers (Suter) at Cardinals (Martínez) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3, 11 innings]

Eye Black
I attend a game or two each summer and I became a Suter fan last season when he made a start in July against Baltimore (Miley started that game and got shelled by the Crew early) Suter showed some savviness at the plate that day. With Arcia on first, Suter was faking the bunt/swing on several offerings completely playing with Manny Machado's mind at 3rd. He pushes a bunt toward short and beats the throw for an infield single showing some decent speed. Machado, mindlessly, fails to cover third and Arcia beats him to 3rd but overslides and races home. Machado and his teammates completely flubbed the rundown and Arcia scores. Suter went 6, 0 ER, 8K's, got the W.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I attend a game or two each summer and I became a Suter fan last season when he made a start in July against Baltimore (Miley started that game and got shelled by the Crew early) Suter showed some savviness at the plate that day. With Arcia on first, Suter was faking the bunt/swing on several offerings completely playing with Manny Machado's mind at 3rd. He pushes a bunt toward short and beats the throw for an infield single showing some decent speed. Machado, mindlessly, fails to cover third and Arcia beats him to 3rd but overslides and races home. Machado and his teammates completely flubbed the rundown and Arcia scores. Suter went 6, 0 ER, 8K's, got the W.

Pretty sure I was at that game and was supper bummed that Suter pitched that day. He had tickets to that right field section right on the field and the game was over rather quick.

Pretty sure I was at that game and was supper bummed that Suter pitched that day. He had tickets to that right field section right on the field and the game was over rather quick.

That's what Harvard ballplayers do.

Yes, it was 7-0 after 2 innings. Buck Showalter was beside himself in the dugout with Machado's lackluster play that day. Suter replaced Chase that day, who must have just started his DL stint with the hammy, right?

That's what Harvard ballplayers do.

Haha. I was happy with the win. Bummed with the length of the game.:)

Good idea by Wong. I don't understand what some teams get all worked up about. The goal is to get on base.

IIRC the unwritten rule is against bunting to break up a non-no in the final 3 innings (last third of the game).

The game hasn't reached that point & its only a 1-0 score. Getting on base to get into position to score is still expected.

Only Dozier & some of the Twins would be bellyaching at this point.

Oh great, bringing Drake into a 1-0 game with two guys on. I know he's pitched well the last couple times out but these are the exact situations he should not be pitching in.

I hope I'm wrong, but would've rather seen Jennings here.

I remember that series. It was nice to watch the Brewers play a team that was even crappier than they were at the simple stuff. Didn't Buck rip into the team in the media after it because it was just so awful?

He was frustrated with his rotation and Machado mostly. Dog days of July were unkind for that group.

Archived