Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-10: Brewers (Suter) at Cardinals (Martínez) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3, 11 innings]

Eye Black
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If it wasn't the Cardinals, I'd almost like to see someone knock one out of here in the bottom half to prevent something stupid happening with a reliever...then again Hoover could probably be ridden until this game is put out of its misery and then get sent down to CO Springs after tonight, right?

No options left. They'd have to waive him.

I'm fine with that, actually

Yeah, me too

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deserved that loss. Hoover doesn’t belong on this team.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

You are the one that brought it up completely out of the blue.

"I'm not arguing against Villar. I'm just providing information about what Sogard has added to the team."

"Seriously what does Sogard add to this team?"

Not really that random considering the conversation just a few posts prior was talking about 2B.

My mistake for not quoting what I was responding to, but it wasn't out of the blue.

Deserved that loss. Hoover doesn’t belong on this team.

Yep. Call up Houser and keep him in the pen for long relief.

Cant without an injury.

Why didn't we give the ball to hader vs Garcia. We are taxed... win now or call it.

Stupid stupid loss.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

You are the one that brought it up completely out of the blue.

"I'm not arguing against Villar. I'm just providing information about what Sogard has added to the team."

"Seriously what does Sogard add to this team?"

Not really that random considering the conversation just a few posts prior was talking about 2B.

My mistake for not quoting what I was responding to, but it wasn't out of the blue.

Arguing for a guy that was cut over a year ago is.

Unbelievable that Jennings was not used to face Garcia. The way CC uses his bullpen is more than frustrating. The Drake and Hoover moves just baffles me. Jennings is better than both in my opinion. Why save him? Someone please explain the rationale. Will our media ask CC some tougher questions concerning his moves.

Trying to win it in the 14th

I guess it didn't get that far. Really, i understand the bullpen choices were limited tonight but I just don't get it. Drake, Hoover, and Barnes being used and when they were used just confuse me. Drake and Hoover because of effectiveness and Barnes because of workload. Barnes has thrown 100 pitches in the past week. That's a lot of pitches for a reliever. Jennings not being used and the the other two being used before him make no sense. Jennings has a very good track record of success, Hoover and Drake don't have that track record.

Unbelievable that Jennings was not used to face Garcia. The way CC uses his bullpen is more than frustrating. The Drake and Hoover moves just baffle me. Jennings is better than both in my opinion. Why save him? Someone please explain the rationale. Will our media ask CC some tougher questions concerning his moves.

I've hated the way CC has handled our bullpen since he first was the Crew's manager. Ray Charles could have seen Hoover didn't have it tonight.

Unbelievable that Jennings was not used to face Garcia. The way CC uses his bullpen is more than frustrating. The Drake and Hoover moves just baffle me. Jennings is better than both in my opinion. Why save him? Someone please explain the rationale. Will our media ask CC some tougher questions concerning his moves.

I've hated the way CC has handled our bullpen since he first was the Crew's manager. Ray Charles could see Hoover didn't have it tonight.

Pulling Williams and not pulling Hoov..... questionable.

3 blown saves tonight. 7 walks by relievers. Hoover has 2 outs in the 10th w/ no one on, then walk, hit, hit, out, hit, 2-run HR.

Yet Houser needed to be in AAA so Hoover the kerosene guy w/ a match could pitch for us? I'd take Jorge Lopez back in a heartbeat, too! My buddy who can watch the games says Hoover's just floating junk up there all night. My computer screen shows he sure as heck couldn't find the strike zone, esp. on the 1st pitch. He must not like to get people out....

Our enigmatic offense somehow managed go-ahead runs in the 9th & 10th innings, yet we still give the game away. I don't understand why Taylor Williams was pulled for Barnes in the first place.

Back in the late '80s & early '90s, Tom Kelly & his Twins were masters of the "formula" save, meaning inevitably you'd go to the closer if "x, y, & z" were the game circumstances, no matter how well the previous reliever was pitching. It often worked but sometimes was a needless move if not occasionally foolish. . . . Tonight it seemed like a "gotta use a closer-type because this is a save situation" decision when sticking with Williams seemed like the smarter move (which I thought before Barnes even threw a pitch).

For that matter, I don't understand why inconsistent Barnes doesn't pitch the 6th/7th inning spots Jeffress is getting, and Jeffress isn't closing. Jeffress knows what he's doing in those situations and Barnes can't pull off a save or manage a clutch out except for the season's 1st game.

3 blown saves tonight. 7 walks by relievers. Hoover has 2 outs in the 10th w/ no one on, then walk, hit, hit, out, hit, 2-run HR.

Yet Houser needed to be in AAA so Hoover the kerosene guy w/ a match could pitch for us? I'd take Jorge Lopez back in a heartbeat, too! My buddy who can watch the games says Hoover's just floating junk up there all night. My computer screen shows he sure as heck couldn't find the strike zone, esp. on the 1st pitch. He must not like to get people out....

Our enigmatic offense somehow managed go-ahead runs in the 9th & 10th innings, yet we still give the game away. I don't understand why Taylor Williams was pulled for Barnes in the first place.

Back in the late '80s & early '90s, Tom Kelly & his Twins were masters of the "formula" save, meaning inevitably you'd go to the closer if "x, y, & z" were the game circumstances, no matter how well the previous reliever was pitching. It often worked but sometimes was a needless move if not occasionally foolish. . . . Tonight it seemed like a "gotta use a closer-type because this is a save situation" decision when sticking with Williams seemed like the smarter move (which I thought before Barnes even threw a pitch).

Hitters didn't touch Williams stuff.... put nothing in play.

In my opinion, if Williams is left in the game to finish the ninth they win that game. Barnes has been overworked. If Jennings is brought in to face Garcia in the tenth the Brewers also win. CC needs some help in how to properly use a bullpen. This is a game the Brewcrew gave away. So frustrating to watch.

Archived