Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-10: Brewers (Suter) at Cardinals (Martínez) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3, 11 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gennett was 25 when he left Milwaukee. He was still developing, so yes, I am putting a lot of emphasis on last season. It's one thing if a 30+ year old player has a sudden breakout season, but a highly regarded prospect breaking out at age 25? A lot of top prospects don't even reach the majors until 25.

I am almost positive Scooter was never a top 100 prospect.

Yeah - never even close.

If it takes 20 looks at the replay, is it not, by definition, NOT indisputable video evidence?

That is the key isn't it. They should just have a rule, if I watch it 3 different views of it and still can't tell that should answer it for you right there. There isn't the indisputable evidence you need

Gennett was 25 when he left Milwaukee. He was still developing, so yes, I am putting a lot of emphasis on last season. It's one thing if a 30+ year old player has a sudden breakout season, but a highly regarded prospect breaking out at age 25? A lot of top prospects don't even reach the majors until 25.

I didn't say Top 100 Prospect, I said highly-regarded prospect. He was ranked #6 in our organization in 2012. That's highly-regarded. Not sure why everyone is so down on Gennett, he broke out last year and the Brewers would've been better served having kept him on board. That's all I'm saying. Again, there are a lot of prospects that don't reach the majors until age 25.

I'm going to bed after this inning, I hope it'll be happy instead of frustrated.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Yeah - never even close.

Plus, you know, hindsight is 20/20. He was dumped more than a year ago. Would it be nice to have him now? Well maybe. But at the time, Villar was coming off an All-Star caliber season and had a ton more upside than Scooter. He still does.

It's safe to say that waiving Scooter Gennett was a mistake (understatement), second base looking rough this year.

Eric Sogard has a higher slugging percentage than Scooter does this year.

Honestly, I don't give season statistics any real credence till a month into the season.

Yet our 2nd base situation is looking rough THIS YEAR. Come on.

Archived