Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-10: Brewers (Suter) at Cardinals (Martínez) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3, 11 innings]

Eye Black
It's safe to say that waiving Scooter Gennett was a mistake (understatement), second base looking rough this year.

Eric Sogard has a higher slugging percentage than Scooter does this year.

Honestly, I don't give season statistics any real credence till a month into the season.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It's safe to say that waiving Scooter Gennett was a mistake (understatement), second base looking rough this year.

Because of his sparkling .691 OPS for the Reds this year so far?

Scooter had a.875 OPS last year. You're really taking a 10 game sample size to make that determination?

This seems like a really odd time for this argument.

Arcia just needs to pretend the game is on the line.

And swing at a ball....

Vlad is in the HOF doing it. Arcia in his way

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Because of his sparkling .691 OPS for the Reds this year so far?

Scooter had a.875 OPS last year. You're really taking a 10 game sample size to make that determination?

Would you prefer his 2015 (.675) or 2016 (.729) seasons instead? Would you like to be paying him 5.7 million this year?

Eric Sogard has a higher slugging percentage than Scooter does this year.

Honestly, I don't give season statistics any real credence till a month into the season.

So then why make your comment about our second basemen? Lol

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I can't wait for the 2021 season when we're still talking about waiving Scooter Gennett back when he was an utterly unremarkable infielder for the Brewers.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

If we don't end this now, Perez could end up being the entire battery in the wee hours of Wednesday.

Heard phillips is like chris sale somewhere today... why not him?

CC has never pitched him before.?.

Gennett was 25 when he left Milwaukee. He was still developing, so yes, I am putting a lot of emphasis on last season. It's one thing if a 30+ year old player has a sudden breakout season, but a highly regarded prospect breaking out at age 25? A lot of top prospects don't even reach the majors until 25.

Gennett was 25 when he left Milwaukee. He was still developing, so yes, I am putting a lot of emphasis on last season. It's one thing if a 30+ year old player has a sudden breakout season, but a highly regarded prospect breaking out at age 25? A lot of top prospects don't even reach the majors until 25.

I am almost positive Scooter was never a top 100 prospect.

Archived