Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-10: Brewers (Suter) at Cardinals (Martínez) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3, 11 innings]

Eye Black

HfXq7hK.jpg

HfXqvuY.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Cardinals Lineup

1. Eric Sogard (L) SS 1. Dexter Fowler (S) RF

2. Eric Thames (L) 1B 2. Paul DeJong ® SS

3. Domingo Santana ® RF 3. Matt Carpenter (L) 1B

4. Travis Shaw (L) 3B 4. Marcell Ozuna ® LF

5. Jonathan Villar (S) 2B 5. Yadier Molina ® C

6. Hernan Perez ® LF 6. Harrison Bader ® CF

7. Brett Phillips (L) CF 7. Yairo Munoz ® 3B

8. Manny Pina ® C 8. Kolten Wong (L) 2B

9. Brent Suter (L) P 9. Carlos Martinez ® P[/pre]

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It would really be nice to see Suter eat some innings tonight to give the pen a break. This is the exact type of situation where he's surprised me in the past with a great game seemingly out of nowhere. I predict 7 innings and 1 ER. Hopefully the hitters can get to Martinez better than they did last week.

Talk about punting this game. What a lineup. Ish.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

With that said and with what a few others have stated above ... this is precisely the game we will get our first 8-1 win or something like that.

Exactly my thought.

With this putrid lineup I’d rather have Aguilar in there and stick Thames in LF until a double switch presents itself. CC also made it easy to bring in matchup relievers with a non-staggered lineup.

What's the record for strikeouts in a 9 inning game by one team? We might find out tonight...

It is still only 20, occurred 6 times. The 20 K games by Clemens (2) , Kerry Wood, Max Scherzer, this one from last year and this one started by Greinke. The Red Sox have half of these as the pitching team, and offense teams are HOU, TEX, and SEA twice plus DET twice.

Our franchise record is 19, perpetrated by none other than the Cardinals back in 2016...in a game started by Carlos Martinez

Archived