Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Tuesday 4/10 - Wisconsin Matinee; Biloxi idle

Mass Haas
Brewer Fanatic Staff

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/store/dailylinkreport.jpg

Organizational Scoreboard including starting pitcher info, game times, MiLB TV links, and box scores

Links for affiliate audio

Have great seasons Dan and Erik in Colorado Springs, Garrett as he jumps up from Helena to Biloxi, Greg in Carolina, and Chris in Appleton!

Media notes, standings, and sortable stat pages

The entire local TV Timber Rattlers broadcast schedule

The first TV game is Wednesday April 18th.

Must-follows for you on Twitter -- In addition to the affiliate Twitter accounts, please follow:

@BrewersFarm

@BrewCrewBlue

Believe me, the way they supplement any coverage and links we might be able to provide is invaluable.

Final: Clinton 5, Wisconsin 1

Clinton Quiets Rattlers

McInerney homers again for Wisconsin, but Rattlers drop game two of series 5-1

By Chris Mehring / Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

cut.jpg

Wisconsin Box Score

As Chris notes in the subheading, Pat McInerney hit a long ball, added a double, and nothing else much worth writing about happened. KJ Harrison's nightmarish start to the season continued as he took the golden sombrero. Braulio Ortiz did *not* allow a run.

Wisconsin Game Log

The old 3-2-3 double play.

FIELDING

DP: (McInerney-Harrison-McInerney).

Frederick 12, Carolina 1

Keys Even Series With 12-1 Throttling of Carolina

The Mudcats combined to issue 11 walks and allow 12 runs on 12 hits in Tuesday's loss

cut.jpeg

As good as the pitching was yesterday, it was that bad today. Braden Webb threw 40 pitches in the 2nd inning while recording only 2 outs. He struggled to throw strikes. The rest of the staff wasn't much better and they ended up by using Cooper Hummel on the mound in the 9th. It's been a rough start for Alec Kenilvort and Nattino Diplan.

Braden Webb 1 2/3 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 3 BB, 1 K

Daniel Brown 1 1/3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K

Ronnie Gideon 2-3, RBI

Carolina Box Score

Carolina Log

I haven't heard anything about Keston Hiura. He was off to a rough start of course.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Final: Colorado Springs 8, New Orleans 1

Sky Sox Post-Game Report

It's a new post-game format from the Sky Sox in 2018, pretty effective, click above, please.

Box Score / Game Log

Six position players reached twice or more, so you'll enjoy the box for sure. A veteran bullpen, including RHP Aaron Brooks (new role for him?) did the job with Jorge Lopez brought in, perhaps just for the work, to get the final out.

Speaking of new formats, really like this Colorado Springs Gazette photo gallery, including the man, the legend, Freddy Peralta. I really have to stop placing Pedro comps on him, but if the velocity ticks up even further as he matures, my goodness.

Triple-A version of Sky Sox begins its bittersweet farewell to Colorado Springs

Article includes brief video thoughts...

Brewer Fanatic Staff

VIDEO via WXXV: Nice report on the only three true outfielders on the Shuckers' roster

Note: Slightly unfair statement, but this isn't the first time we've heard Corey Ray make a comment akin to "have to work to feed my family". Dude signed for $4.125 million! The work ethic is awesome, but given the financial plight of the majority of his teammates, it's a unique take. OK, end of commentary from me.

The first regular season post within the Shuck Dynasty blog is up.

Peralta changes speeds on his fastball intentionally so he was anywhere between 87-93. One his final pitches last night was 92.

Change was around 80, curve 83 I think. Have not heard a slider velocity.

Thanks for that info! That's why I have so much confidence that he can be a really effective MLB starting pitcher. 92 FB and 80 change is a combination of success for a starter. You don't need to throw 96 when you have a really good change.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Peralta changes speeds on his fastball intentionally so he was anywhere between 87-93. One his final pitches last night was 92.

Thanks for that info! That's why I have so much confidence that he can be a really effective MLB starting pitcher. 92 FB and 80 change is a combination of success for a starter. You don't need to throw 96 when you have a really good change.

I hope you are right. His body type and stuff doesn't scream "durable ML starter", which worries me. I am encouraged by the Pedro comparisons, though, and you can't complain about the results.

I hope you are right. His body type and stuff doesn't scream "durable ML starter", which worries me. I am encouraged by the Pedro comparisons, though, and you can't complain about the results.

His stuff definitely screams durable MLB starter IMHO. Body type is a legitimate concern, but there's enough guys of that type who have had success.

Archived