Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-09: Brewers (Chacín) at Cardinals (Mikolas) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4, 10 innings]

Eye Black
Boy does not having a closer suck

I know the inning isn't over and Albers gave up a single to start the inning, but the blown game against the Cubs and this inning so far really have nothing to do with the lack of a closer.

In both innings combined, it's been mostly balls that haven't left the infield.

Just not the same. Different contact, less strikeouts, just not the same.

I get what you're saying, but even 1st and 2nd to start the inning you still feel like Knebel gets out of it. Bases loaded, you feel like he can get a save.

It doesn't matter what it "feels" like. Both Barnes and Albers are good pitchers who pitched well enough to not give up any runs. Only one hitter tonight - a very good one - made contact with a pitch that should not have resulted in an out.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, Albers did one heck of a job to escape that only giving up one.

For sure, I fully expected this game to be over with bases loaded and no outs...

Ok, who's left to pitch the 10th and beyond?

Williams, Drake, Jennings

No way do I trust the Drake... He has looked good, but I would not want to see him in a high leverage situation.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Well, Albers did one heck of a job to escape that only giving up one.

For sure, I fully expected this game to be over with bases loaded and no outs...

Ok, who's left to pitch the 10th and beyond?

Hernan Perez is fresh

Don't understand Villar not scoring from 2nd with 2 outs on a basehit.

Looked like he slipped or stumbled rounding the base.

If he throws on the brakes, people are mad. If he goes for it and gets thrown out, people are mad at him and Sedar. Can't win I guess.

Oh no. He started the year hitting over .300 and people were still actively trying to figure out how to replace him ASAP.

Don't understand Villar not scoring from 2nd with 2 outs on a basehit.

Looked like he slipped or stumbled rounding the base.

If he throws on the brakes, people are mad. If he goes for it and gets thrown out, people are mad at him and Sedar. Can't win I guess.

I get what you are saying but I think 90% of us were thinking "gotta send him" there as he rounded 3rd. If it's bang bang and he loses, so be it. That was worst case scenario.

It wasn't all like the other day when he sends Pina and he's about halfway down the line when the ball arrived at home.

Archived