Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-09: Brewers (Chacín) at Cardinals (Mikolas) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4, 10 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, choose your guy(s) to get us through 6 more outs.

What I want: Hader for the 8th, Williams for the 9th

What I expect: Hader for at least part of the 8th, then Barnes. Albers for the 9th

....as Hader K’s the side.

I didn't say he's not still going to be good. I just meant he's going to need to find his velocity again at some point to long-term be as effective as he's been for us.

Solid night for sogard. Still don't think he's any good.

I generally agree. However, watching STL makes you appreciate milking the count and taking pitches, aka being a professional hitter. Sogard definitely has that aspect down, should be able to milk walks so if he can just poke through a enough hits he'd be a good counter to the free swingers, basically why we all liked the Walker so much.

Well, I’ll be waiting for the Sogard-Villar up the middle duo tomorrow now.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Remember Arcia was brutal to start last year then was fine after. I mean, I agree he's looked awful and I always felt like his hot streak was fluky last year based on his swing and overall approach. I think he needs to rework a lot of things, but Trying to be positive.

Archived