Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-09: Brewers (Chacín) at Cardinals (Mikolas) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4, 10 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know it's probably grounds for a permanent banning to say anything complimentary about a Cardinal, but I really enjoyed Wainwright talking about his garden.

You mean you really enjoyed Wainwright talking about retiring, correct?

I can’t remember a more frustrating base runner than Jonathan Villar, albeit this time in a different way. Seems strange he would stop at third with Sedar sending him unless he slipped or something.

Edit: I think it would have been close, he may very well have been out, but it was going to be close.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

There was a time I would have loved to see Sedar take a chance. Villar was already rounding third as Ozuna got to the ball on Braun’s single. Lefty-lefty matchup waiting for Shaw, let Villar get after it.

Edit: Sedar may have been sending him. Villar a stumble around third.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Good to see Braun come through with a big hit, even though it was for naught.

Villar is frustrating, and I say that as a guy who wants him at 2B daily. I know it was just an accidental slip, but man, it feels like it's always something.

I thought he'd would have scored fairly easily. Didn't look like he slipped to message. With two outs he has to go.

So what happened? Sedar did send him, didn't he?

Yes. It looked like he stumbled slightly around 3rd. Didn't get a good push off anyways.

Yep, stumbled rounding the bag. Instead of compounding it, he stayed put. Is what it is. I’m sure the peanut gallery will have a field day with it though.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Haders velocity down too...concerning that everyone's velo is down.

Hader averaged 95-mph with the fastball in his first outing of the year, but it appears has been down a couple of miles on the fastball since then.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived