Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-09: Brewers (Chacín) at Cardinals (Mikolas) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4, 10 innings]

Eye Black
Nope, good to see innings like that happen to the opposition too sometimes.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Villar- 2B

Thames- 1B

Braun- LF

Shaw- 3B

Santana- RF

Sogard- SS

Pina- C

Phillips- CF

Is what I’m expecting tomorrow.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Don't mean to be a debbie downer, but does this win seem a little bittersweet?

How so? I don't think Cain even went back to the training room. I guess we'll see, but I think (hope) he's fine.

Guess I don't like seeing Cain get injured, seeing my "closer" blow another 1 run lead in the 9th, and winning by getting 4 walks in the 10th because an opponents closer obviously isn't up to par yet after taking an eternity to sign. A win is a win I guess, but I think I'm not as high on it because I'd like to see a win where we don't really have to worry much. I'd be happy with a blowout victory at some point here

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Don't mean to be a debbie downer, but does this win seem a little bittersweet?

How so? I don't think Cain even went back to the training room. I guess we'll see, but I think (hope) he's fine.

Guess I don't like seeing Cain get injured, seeing my "closer" blow another 1 run lead in the 9th, and winning by getting 4 walks in the 10th because an opponents closer obviously isn't up to par yet after taking an eternity to sign. A win is a win I guess, but I think I'm not as high on it because I'd like to see a win where we don't really have to worry much. I'd be happy with a blowout victory at some point here

Heck, I'd love a 10-0 laugher as well, but that doesn't make tonight's win any less exhilarating. The Cardinals embarrassed this team last week in 2 of 3, so I'll take a W any way I can get it against those guys.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
TH tweet

Counsell said Cain has slight quad issue but wants to play tomorrow. Braun was out in double switch to move pitcher back in order.

Gonna be a cold one again tomorrow. Plus, you have a terrific defensive CF that will likely be sent down Wednesday for a pitcher. I hope Cain doesn't get off the bench. He's been durable so far, but I think it's best to sit him.

TH tweet

Counsell said Cain has slight quad issue but wants to play tomorrow. Braun was out in double switch to move pitcher back in order.

Gonna be a cold one again tomorrow. Plus, you have a terrific defensive CF that will likely be sent down Wednesday for a pitcher. I hope Cain doesn't get off the bench. He's been durable so far, but I think it's best to sit him.

Would make sense to keep him longer and send down a pitcher since we have an off day Thursday.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I know it's probably grounds for a permanent banning to say anything complimentary about a Cardinal, but I really enjoyed Wainwright talking about his garden.

I did too. He was funny and he could get a part time job as a color man after he retires. He might now be my only favorite Cardinal. ;)

I know it's probably grounds for a permanent banning to say anything complimentary about a Cardinal, but I really enjoyed Wainwright talking about his garden.

I missed this unfortunately, but Wainwright is easily my favorite Cardinals player.

Also thought that was an awesome interview. He's got the personality to be in the booth some day. I laughed out loud a few times. One odd thing was he talked about injured players in the dugout. I didn't think that was allowed during the game.

That part of ESPN broadcast was cool. Them showing Mikolas eating a live lizard was completely disgusting and had no bearing on the game at all. No clue why they would decide to show that.

Yeah, that was gross. :tongue

Boy does not having a closer suck

I know the inning isn't over and Albers gave up a single to start the inning, but the blown game against the Cubs and this inning so far really have nothing to do with the lack of a closer.

In both innings combined, it's been mostly balls that haven't left the infield.

And poor defensive execution behind the pitcher. :(

Archived