Brewer Fanatic

Braun- When do you DFA?

FVBrewerFan
Just because people say Braun is bad at defense doesn’t mean he has to be bad in every single aspect. Ryan Braun is really good playing balls off the wall or richocets in the corner. It’s really impressive and even his throws are pretty strong/accurate. His reaction time and routes...pretty blah. That is what drags him down on defense.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea Brauns' arm is fine. His decisions on cutoffs sometimes are wrong. But the issue on his D is just his instincts and range. I generally agree the bashing of his D has probably been a bit overblown (and I'm not saying he's good necessarily, just not as bad as made out). However, he's only going to slow and get worse as the years go on so it will be become more and more accurate.

Advanced stats said Jeter was terrible for years and he has many gold gloves so screw advanced stats. #RyanBraun4Life
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Advanced stats said Jeter was terrible for years and he has many gold gloves so screw advanced stats. #RyanBraun4Life

And those advanced stats about Jeter were pretty correct. He was a pretty bad shortstop with very limited range.

Rafael Palmeiro won a gold glove in a season in which he played 28 games at first base, so are you really basing defensive prowess off of gold gloves won? Most of the guys that vote on that don't even know if the guys they're voting on have even played the position.

Unless you were meaning to be sarcastic, in which case, use the blue font, and make it obvious.

And those advanced stats about Jeter were pretty correct. He was a pretty bad shortstop with very limited range.

Rafael Palmeiro won a gold glove in a season in which he played 28 games at first base, so are you really basing defensive prowess off of gold gloves won? Most of the guys that vote on that don't even know if the guys they're voting on have even played the position.

Unless you were meaning to be sarcastic, in which case, use the blue font, and make it obvious.

I really thought it was laid on pretty thick with the hashtag...

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So much hate for a cute dog who is a fun little secondary mascot. #Hank4Lyfe #DFABernie

I don't hate the actual dog, I hate the mascot version of the same dog.

I hate the actual dog.

I love dogs more than humans and for some reason this made me laugh.

I don't hate the actual dog, I hate the mascot version of the same dog.

I hate the actual dog.

I love dogs more than humans and for some reason this made me laugh.

I hate dogs in general. They're gross, slobbery, needy, stinky, filthy things. And, yes, so is my 2 year old son. But he'll grow out of it eventually.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Dog WARP (wins above replacement pet) >>>>>>>> Cat WARP
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I hate dogs in general. They're gross, slobbery, needy, stinky, filthy things. And, yes, so is my 2 year old son. But he'll grow out of it eventually.

[sarcasm]Foe list.[/sarcasm]

Looking a bit like A-Rod towards the end. With less bat speed, you have to start your swing a split-second sooner. That leaves you looking pretty silly against bad pitches some times.

Injuries too. If you can't consistently count on him to play 1B against LHP's or play LF when Yelich is hurt, it's not so easy to justify the roster spot. With all the guys they have with options, obviously it's not likely to be an issue this year, but it could be as soon as next year. And I'm by no means an Aguilar guy, but what if they eventually cut Aguilar to keep Braun, only to see Braun unavailable for several starts and PH appearances against LHP's?

When guys run out of options, or when they're so much better than the alternative that you can't really justify shuttling them back and forth anymore, this thread is going to prove prophetic.

I hope he stays healthy and continues hitting bombs for another 2 months.

Then I hope the Dodgers get excited, jump on him and give us more than we ever thought possible a week ago.

Trading him probably means we aren’t in the mix this season.

Archived