Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-08: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Anderson) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And what moron in coaching ever came up with the brilliant idea that you rest so many regulars in ONE game. Might as well just take 1/7th of the games and just forfeit them and don’t charge the fans to watch a crap team on the field. Yeah sitting 2 of your 3 productive players is really a great way to compete against Quintana... why not just have our bullpen hit too instead of PHing so Shaw and Thames can get the full rest... Sheeeesh...

Amen. I'll never understand the Sunday white flag line up.

Why was Santana holding up on that? He would have been safe if he didn’t slow down. Same with Villar on the double that Hayward misplayed earlier. He could have been at 3rd. These are things that the coaches need to correct.

Why was Santana holding up on that? He would have been safe if he didn’t slow down. Same with Villar on the double that Hayward misplayed earlier. He could have been at 3rd. These are things that the coaches need to correct.

Because guys don't hustle on plays they think will be made, or so I was told.

I cannot believe more people aren't upset at Santana and Villar today. Hustling is free. We are not good enough to win without trying our best.

Wasn't the offense supposed to be good?

0, 0, 5, 2, and so far 0 runs in our last 5 games. Pitiful.

#1 future Ace, Former Ace, #1, and today #2 future 1.

Oh and Yelich's bat missing.

Wow, talk about putting lipstick on a pig.

Quintana is not a "future 1." I don't even know how you define him like that. He's 29. He had a 4.15 ERA last season. He's certainly hittable.

Darvish pitched well, but he is not a "#1".

"Former ace?" Really, that's our excuse for not getting to Lester? Tim Lincecum is a "Former ace", that isn't something that's relevant in the present day.

Martinez is great, I'll give you that, although the Mets knocked him around the start before.

The offense is struggling and its ok to say so. We've been shut out in 30% of our games. It's not solely just a "tip your cap" situation.

These are things that the coaches need to correct.

You are assuming:

1) That the coaches actually see a problem, and

2) That the players listen.

I wouldn’t assume either.

And I’m Snarky because I am tired of 44+ years of ****** baseball...

Because guys don't hustle on plays they think will be made, or so I was told.

I cannot believe more people aren't upset at Santana and Villar today. Hustling is free. We are not good enough to win without trying our best.

That’s so frustrating. I could have seen the Brewers not score if they were in the situation of the Astros yesterday over the Padres, simply because they wouldn’t have been hustling.

You are assuming:

I’m not much further behind you, and I’m just as snarky. If the Brewers coaches don’t see that as a problem, that explains why this team has never won a World Series. Just more of the “same old Brewers” (as we say among my friends year after year).

Community Moderator

Three shutouts in the past five games is tough to stomach. [sarcasm]Currently on pace to get shutout 49 times this season.[/sarcasm]

I don’t believe in “must win” games in April, but I would feel a little better if they could’ve found a way to win one of the last two. Not going to get much easier heading to face the Cardinals and Mets on the road this week.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

What Santana did was something I’ve never seen Braun do in his career. Always runs hard. Usually makes plays close.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

You are assuming:

I’m not much further behind you, and I’m just as snarky. If the Brewers coaches don’t see that as a problem, that explains why this team has never won a World Series. Just more of the “same old Brewers” (as we say among my friends year after year).

Same stupid mistakes as last year and the year before.

What Santana did was something I’ve never seen Braun do in his career. Always runs hard. Usually makes plays close.

I've seen it a lot from Santana, frankly.

Bill Hall was notorious for a little walk down the first base line as he admired what he thought was a HR before having to sprint just to get to 2nd.

Why don't these guys freaking hustle? These are, presumably, some of the best athletes in the country. Is it really that difficult to sprint 90 feet, 2 or 3 times a day?

Bill Hall was notorious for a little walk down the first base line as he admired what he thought was a HR before having to sprint just to get to 2nd.

Why don't these guys freaking hustle? These are, presumably, some of the best athletes in the country. Is it really that difficult to sprint 90 feet, 2 or 3 times a day?

Yeah I don’t understand it either. I’m a little more lenient on the Villar one but they are both great examples why you run hard. Santana seems like a very selfish player. That’s just my read on him. Also could be why they added to their OF and tried to move him.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

That’s just my read on him. Also could be why they added to their OF and tried to move him.

Yeah, it might also explain why the Brewers seem to have a higher value for him than other teams. Scouts see this stuff and once a player gets a rep for being lazy/making stupid plays it’s hard to get rid of.

Yeah, it might also explain why the Brewers seem to have a higher value for him than other teams. Scouts see this stuff and once a player gets a rep for being lazy/making stupid plays it’s hard to get rid of.

Absolutely. Well stated.

I get the sense that if Domingo was dealt, Brewer fans would feel underwhelmed by the return

We finally get 2 good starts in a row and piss them away.

If there is a silver lining it's that the bullpen is looking like it's going to be a heck of an asset in the very near future. Williams and Houser look like keepers.

Make no mistake, this has been a bad baseball team through 10 games and they're fortunate to be sitting at 5-5 instead of 2-8 or 3-7 where they probably should be.

Darvish would be # on almost every MLB team. Quintana on many. You need to look beyond Quintana's bad first half last year.

I wasn't even looking at his numbers from last year. The career numbers of Darvish and Quintana aren't those of high end 1s.

Man, if this is how it's going to be every time we face a quality starting pitcher, just a shrug and a tip of the cap, it's going to be a really long season for the offense.

Wait til we face Kershaw, and Scherzer, and Greinke, and Syndergaard, and Bumgarner, and DeGrom, and Gonzalez, and Ray, and Arrieta, and Nola, and Strasburg, and numerous dominant relievers. There's a lot of good pitching in the NL.

#1 future Ace, Former Ace, #1, and today #2 future 1.

Oh and Yelich's bat missing.

Wow, talk about putting lipstick on a pig.

Quintana is not a "future 1." I don't even know how you define him like that. He's 29. He had a 4.15 ERA last season. He's certainly hittable.

Darvish pitched well, but he is not a "#1".

"Former ace?" Really, that's our excuse for not getting to Lester? Tim Lincecum is a "Former ace", that isn't something that's relevant in the present day.

Martinez is great, I'll give you that, although the Mets knocked him around the start before.

The offense is struggling and its ok to say so. We've been shut out in 30% of our games. It's not solely just a "tip your cap" situation.

Well said. This isn't prime Kershaw situation.

I excuse refraining from hustle when t prevents major injury. If somebody is off the DL or day to day, many players are probably told not to overdo it. I don't know how many times we end up injuring a player's hamstring on an ill advised hustle out of the box or some aggresive play on the basepaths. There were a ton of hamstring injuries in MLB last year, mostly occurring on the basepaths during a sprint. Players are best advised to know their limits and act accordingly. The old adage of always hustling isn't really wise these days.

Archived