Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-08: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Anderson) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-0]

Eye Black
Cain has been pretty bad after his hot start and just didn’t run out a ball that could’ve landed fair. Discuss...
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, Villar didn’t run to 3B there. Improvement!

Aren't you pro villar? I'm not but got to admit, he's off to a real solid start.

I only defend him a lot of the times because there are some posts that are pretty ridiculous towards him. Someone’s gotta be in his corner at times. But my post above was more so joking than anything else.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

When Aaron was 39, he slashed .301/.402/.643 with 40 homers.

Not sure why we are comparing Aaron and Braun though. I'd be happy if Braun aged like Carl Yastrzemski though.

He wasn't a Brewer when he was 39....

Ryan Braun is So Remarkably Consistent That Even His Cold Streaks Aren't That Bad

Couple years old but interesting still.

Over 9+ MLB seasons, Braun has never had a hitless streak longer than 0-for-19. He did that twice, in July of 2010 and 2014. The 2010 streak was the only one to span five full games.

I really want to like Villar again, but even when he does something good, he does something bad. There was no reason for him not to wind up with a triple on that if he's hustling all the way, and that could end up being the difference between scoring and not scoring this inning.

Way too many little errors from him.... this is the area he has been fairly consistent, whether in the field or on the bases.

I really want to like Villar again, but even when he does something good, he does something bad. There was no reason for him not to wind up with a triple on that if he's hustling all the way, and that could end up being the difference between scoring and not scoring this inning.

Way too many little errors from him.... this is the area he has been fairly consistent, whether in the field or on the bases.

He's very much gomez. Has to be hitting or the little constant mental errors kill his worth.

Ryan Braun is So Remarkably Consistent That Even His Cold Streaks Aren't That Bad

Over 9+ MLB seasons, Braun has never had a hitless streak longer than 0-for-19. He did that twice, in July of 2010 and 2014. The 2010 streak was the only one to span five full games.

Even with that being the case... when he goes colder is completely self inflicted. His patience lags his strike zone expands you see his floor.

Even with that being the case... when he goes colder is completely self inflicted. His patience lags his strike zone expands you see his floor.

Most cold spells are self inflicted. That’s baseball. I just thought it was cool that they compared it to other notable Brewers.

Edit: I think you are correct with Braun though and his inability to lay off a low and away slider. His numbers would’ve been that much greater had he ever figured that out.

I could probably count the amount of players in baseball that would have ended up at 3rd there on two hands. Players just don’t hustle on a play like that often. Because 99% of the time the player catches it or is a homer.

Verified Member
When Aaron was 39, he slashed .301/.402/.643 with 40 homers.

Not sure why we are comparing Aaron and Braun though. I'd be happy if Braun aged like Carl Yastrzemski though.

He wasn't a Brewer when he was 39....

And Braun will be 40 in 2024.

I could probably count the amount of players in baseball that would have ended up at 3rd there on two hands. Players just don’t hustle on a play like that often. Because 99% of the time the player catches it or is a homer.

99% of the time? Its a little thing, but it cost us a run. You can rationalize it if you'd like.

Most cold spells are self inflicted. That’s baseball. I just thought it was cool that they compared it to other notable Brewers.

Edit: I think you are correct with Braun though and his inability to lay off a low and away slider. His numbers would’ve been that much greater had he ever figured that out.

Generally when I see Braun flail away at a slider way outside, I think hes guessing the pitch wrong (fastball?changeup?) Why? Dont know, the book's gotta be out on his 2strike tendency to flail at sliders away from home plate. Corey Hart was bad at them, but Braun of late gives Hart a run for his money.

Is it just me or does it seem like the Brewers are hitting a lot more groundball outs this season compared to last season? It just seemed like we were hitting more line drives and flyouts last season. I was not able to find any stats on this, but thought that it might be an interesting note. Maybe Coles has been harping on having more of a groundball/linedrive approach compared to doing the approach that suits the individual player. It would lead to players changing their swing, which would induce more ground balls and strikeouts since they are swinging differently now than they ever have.

99% of the time? Its a little thing, but it cost us a run. You can rationalize it if you'd like.

Not rationalizing, that’s professional baseball. 162 games usually causes players to not hustle on plays like that.

0-6 with RISP

That’s how you get shutout. Facing a good pitcher but we gotta be able to bust through.

Archived