Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-07: Cubs (Darvish) at Brewers (Davies) 3:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As far as Barnes I wasn't fond of the walk to Heyward but the defense let him down big time.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Santana hacked at 3 pitches and not a single one was a strike.

Domingo, you weren't even the tying run. How guys can just go up there trying to be a hero in situations where getting on base is as good as anything else you can do is just remarkable to me.

Braun needs to ride the pine when Yelich gets back.

I don't take for granted that he came up absolutely huge in the 9th in 2 games already this season.

But the reality is that other than those 2 ABs he has been absolutely horrendous. It's not just the results. The ABs he's giving are something you'd expect to see from a Rule 5 low level minors stash player.

Domingo, you weren't even the tying run. How guys can just go up there trying to be a hero in situations where getting on base is as good as anything else you can do is just remarkable to me.

Quite the contrast watching every Cubs hitter making it tough to get them out. With a brand new hitting coach, because not making it back to the World Series is enough to get the boot. When Coles has atrocious offense the entire second half last year, we hold him blameless, break the bank and sell the farm to change the players.

Bad defense and soft contact. Not a game this team had any business winning (Cain's misplayed fly ball, outhit, Cubs lose a hard luck challenge and strand a ton of base runners) anyway, but still no fun to have the bases empty with a lead in the ninth and only two outs to get and come up short.

We wil see what tomorrow brings. I am thinking a 7-2 Brewers win, and I would take 6-4 and run.

Someone in the clubhouse needs to tear into these guys and explain to them that little league defense won't cut it. Is Arcia still a rookie? When is he ever going to do anything worth a damn? If he is gonna pathetically flail at everything at the plate, he sure as hell better make up for it with his glove, but he doesn't. This is one of the most pathetic starts to a season I have ever seen. Could easily be 1-8. Unreal.

Is Arcia still a rookie? When is he ever going to do anything worth a damn? If he is gonna pathetically flail at everything at the plate, he sure as hell better make up for it with his glove, but he doesn't.

Yes, he tried to do too much on that slow-roller but he just had a game winner yesterday and he’s one of the best defensive short stops in the league.

Just got to watch the last two innings. Ish. I hate when the Brewers make me feel this way. Need a pillow to punch or something.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

At some point all the mental mistakes are going to doom Counsell and the rest of the coaching staff. Whether that is "fair" or not, I don't know. But if the franchise turns a corner and seems ready to truly make a run in 2019-2021, Stearns might clean house prior to that.

As it is, right now this team just isn't all that good. It was a weird, perplexing offseason and the decision to not bring in free agent pitching might prove smart in the long run, but in the short run the Brewers are not ready for prime time.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

The Brewers started 2-5 last year & still won 86 games.

As ugly as it has been at times they are currently 5-4.

I'm as worried about this team about as much as I'm worried about having a fatal bowel movement.

The Brewers started 2-5 last year & still won 86 games.

As ugly as it has been at times they are currently 5-4.

I'm as worried about this team about as much as I'm worried about having a fatal bowel movement.

It's a fair point.

At the same time, I just don't get a playoff team type vibe from this team, or however you want to say it. There's just too many question marks, too many things that need to go right.

The rotation is just one. The lineup continues to show more of the same tendencies that plagued them in the second half last year. The defense looks disastrous.

There is still a lot of time left obviously and this is just first impressions. But I've been highly disappointed in the offense and haven't seen much to distinguish themselves from last year.

Quite the contrast watching every Cubs hitter making it tough to get them out. With a brand new hitting coach, because not making it back to the World Series is enough to get the boot. When Coles has atrocious offense the entire second half last year, we hold him blameless, break the bank and sell the farm to change the players.

Overly dramatic much?

If anyone comes across video of the top of 9th inning please post a link. I want to see that again. I have seen T-BALL defense better than that!!! Just disgusted!!

Why would you want to see that mess again???

Archived