Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-06: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4]

Eye Black
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nicely executed contact play! Made the defense work.

I guess. We went from 2nd and 3rd 0 out to 2nd and 3rd 1 out so it's not really much of a positive for us.

Cain vs. Sogard at 3rd is probably a positive.

Braun looks at strike 2 right down the middle, chases a 58 foot pitch for a K when all we needed was a ball in play. Why do we even have a hitting coach. Every player takes the same approach for every pitch thrown the entire season

What does a hitting coach actually do? I mean a guy like Braun probably doesn’t give two hoots what Coles has to say to him.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Hitting coach: "Don't swing at sliders in the dirt."

Brewer hitters: "Hold my beer"

Its not that kind of stuff, maybe Braun got fooled on a great pitch instead of a bad pitch, it happens. The problem is that he did not even swing at the previous pitch which was a very hittable, straight fastball. He should be up there trying to put the ball in play to take the lead, a different approach that most of his ABs where he should be trying to drive the ball. Instead, every single player takes the approach of trying to drive the ball every single AB, no matter the situation. Then Shaw guessing with 2 strikes instead of protecting the plate

I think Coles should have been gone after the offensive collapse.

But yeah, I won't blame him for the Braun AB. That was just ugly. Braun pretty much decided when he got 2 strikes on him that he was swinging away and that he did.

Archived