Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-06: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4]

Eye Black
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm guilty of this as well, but I always find it amazing at how down we can get as fans and how high we can get literally minutes later knowing this game is a game of failure and the highs and lows that go with it. I love it. The best thing is there are 162 games. A team can look terrible for 2 games and the world is gonna end. A team can sweep a 3 game series and we're WS contenders. It's awesome.

This is a very good, very well reasoned post... but this is the In-Game thread so we’re going to need you to pick one end of the emotional spectrum and practice some irrational fervor.

They suck. Little league homerun BS.

Sogard might be a great clubhouse guy but he sucks.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Why take hader out? I love Craig but don’t be so by the book and ride the hot hand.

I couldn't understand it either. His pitch count wasn't obscene, just let him finish the damn inning, he had 2 out. Instead you not only cough up the lead but double switch arguably your worst player into the game. Just dumb.

I am done with Sogard, if you are going to throw that ball 30 feet short don't throw it you stupid nerd

Tired of Sogard too.

Mental lapses...giving extra vases. We probably don't deserve to best the Cubs. Every at bat looks like such a grind for Milwaukee.

I assume we are moving Hader to 2B to keep his bat in the lineup

You mean SS, because the guy at 2B has an average almost 3x higher.

lefty can't play SS, that would surely enrage the baseball gods

haha but they can play 2B?

I am done with Sogard, if you are going to throw that ball 30 feet short don't throw it you stupid nerd

Also done with Sogard... I keep going back to the transactions thread discussing 2b. I've always hated Brandon Phillips, but I'd give him 2b right now. DFA Sogard and Villar and bring up Taylor Williams. Let's get crazy and overreact.

"There's more people to ignore in New York or in Boston than there are in Milwaukee, but I would still ignore them, probably."

-Zack Greinke

Why take hader out? I love Craig but don’t be so by the book and ride the hot hand.

I couldn't understand it either. His pitch count wasn't obscene, just let him finish the damn inning, he had 2 out. Instead you not only cough up the lead but double switch arguably your worst player into the game. Just dumb.

Probably a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. If he gives up a hit to Baez then many would complain that he shouldn't have been removed. I could see it both ways. Not sure one was correct without hindsight.

I think Stearns is pretty good but I can't believe he was fooled into resigning Sogard. His season last year was the flukiest of all flukes. Terrible move to sign him to a Major League contract.

Also done with Sogard... I keep going back to the transactions thread discussing 2b. I've always hated Brandon Phillips, but I'd give him 2b right now. DFA Sogard and Villar and bring up Taylor Williams. Let's get crazy and overreact.

Just DFA Villar? Seems silly. Guy has had some solid at bats I think.

Community Moderator

Travis Shaw’s HR was 113.5 mph. Thought this Tweet was good...

@AndrewSimonMLB: Travis Shaw with a laser for a go-ahead 2-run HR in Milwaukee. At 113.5 mph, it was the 2nd-hardest HR of his career.

Shaw now has 5 of the Brewers' 8 hardest HRs since the start of '17.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

And what has Villar done to be lumped into Sogards terribleness?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Wasn’t trying to be passive agressive at all, I love (and participate in) the emotional roller coaster of the in-game thread. I’ll use the winky face next time to convey that better.

Okay, duly noted. Those types of posts just irk me, hence my overreaction. Carry on.

And what has Villar done to be lumped into Sogards terribleness?

Villar is on the same page in my book entitled "overreactions early in the season."

"There's more people to ignore in New York or in Boston than there are in Milwaukee, but I would still ignore them, probably."

-Zack Greinke

Archived