Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-06: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Woodruff) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4]

Eye Black
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
I'm guilty of this as well, but I always find it amazing at how down we can get as fans and how high we can get literally minutes later knowing this game is a game of failure and the highs and lows that go with it. I love it. The best thing is there are 162 games. A team can look terrible for 2 games and the world is gonna end. A team can sweep a 3 game series and we're WS contenders. It's awesome.

This is a very good, very well reasoned post... but this is the In-Game thread so we’re going to need you to pick one end of the emotional spectrum and practice some irrational fervor.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I'm having a hard time hearing the radio... What just happened before Carrot tini's strikeout? Didn't he pop out to Cain???

"There's more people to ignore in New York or in Boston than there are in Milwaukee, but I would still ignore them, probably."

-Zack Greinke

Hader has three options to make millions of dollars in his career. Either as a starter, a back end flamer, or a loogy that no one touches. Must be nice.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm having a hard time hearing the radio... What just happened before Carrot tini's strikeout? Didn't he pop out to Cain???

It was no pop out, he drove one to the wall and Cain got a great jump on it and caught it.

But they called a balk on Hader so no play and Russell got 2nd.

I'm guilty of this as well, but I always find it amazing at how down we can get as fans and how high we can get literally minutes later knowing this game is a game of failure and the highs and lows that go with it. I love it. The best thing is there are 162 games. A team can look terrible for 2 games and the world is gonna end. A team can sweep a 3 game series and we're WS contenders. It's awesome.

This is a very good, very well reasoned post... but this is the In-Game thread so we’re going to need you to pick one end of the emotional spectrum and practice some irrational fervor.

Wouldn't be an in-game thread without a passive aggressive post about how fans react in said in-game thread about an in-game event.

It's almost more surprising at this point that posters can't seem to grasp than in-game threads are the absolute perfect places for reactionary posts.

That makes a lot more sense. Thanks, all.

Also, does Hader have any say as to which of the above four options he will be living out through the end of his arbitration??

"But coach, I'm really good at throwing baseballs."

-Hader

"I know, that's why you're at second base. You can throw from there. We're smarter than you."

-Management

"There's more people to ignore in New York or in Boston than there are in Milwaukee, but I would still ignore them, probably."

-Zack Greinke

Defense.......again

I should go back to not being able to listen to the radio...

-Zack Greinke

Why take hader out? I love Craig but don’t be so by the book and ride the hot hand.

He was at like 37 pitches and was up and down twice...probably not an awful idea. Just didn't work out. Not entirely sure Baez didn't swing on that curve in the dirt, but what can ya do?

Community Moderator

Wouldn't be an in-game thread without a passive aggressive post about how fans react in said in-game thread about an in-game event.

It's almost more surprising at this point that posters can't seem to grasp than in-game threads are the absolute perfect places for reactionary posts.

Wasn’t trying to be passive agressive at all, I love (and participate in) the emotional roller coaster of the in-game thread. I’ll use the winky face next time to convey that better.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived