Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-05: Cubs (Lester) at Brewers (Suter) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose 8-0; Knebel down w/injury]

Eye Black
Torn ACL? Whatever it is, you won't be seeing him for awhile.

Looked like hamstring to me. I agree, though. This'll be a long one.

Which begs the question now ... who takes over? Barnes? Jeffress? Hader?

Smart money would have to be on Jeffress I imagine.

Hadar maybe? Espn fantasy for what its worth lists hadar as the likely replacement. Idk

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed! I just picked up Hader in my fantasy baseball league.

Really don't think Hader will be closing. I think Barnes is your best bet with Jeffress having an outside shot. Williams could eventually get the role but not this early.

Or maybe it'll be a straight committee. I really don't know. But I'd be pretty surprised if they just straight make Hader the closer.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Can someone fill me in on what happened with Knebel / lie to me and tell me it's nothing major, just a precaution. Can't watch the games in Texas.

Threw a strike and collapsed in a heap on the mound holding his lower left hamstring. Trainers basically had to carry him off.

Maybe he was just tired.

Can someone fill me in on what happened with Knebel / lie to me and tell me it's nothing major, just a precaution. Can't watch the games in Texas.

I'm guessing a pretty significant hamstring injury. He just kind of crumbled to the ground, couldn't walk off under his own power.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Won't give you false hope. It was definitely not a precaution and looked very major. Could not put any weight on the leg.

No reason for him to be in there, even if only to get some work. We may have actually needed him tomorrow, so the "work" excuse is ridiculous.

Oh man, things just got real serious, real quick.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Agreed! I just picked up Hader in my fantasy baseball league.

Really don't think Hader will be closing. I think Barnes is your best bet with Jeffress having an outside shot. Williams could eventually get the role but not this early.

Or maybe it'll be a straight committee. I really don't know. But I'd be pretty surprised if they just straight make Hader the closer.

I'm about 90% sure it will be Jeffress, just because he has done it successfully before. BA just mentioned Albers, but he's very valuable as a set-up guy, as is Hader.

They did sign Jim Henderson. And K-Rod is still out there.

They did sign Jim Henderson. And K-Rod is still out there.

Pick up K-Rod to flip at the deadline.

Heck, maybe Jeffress will pitch lights-out, and he can be flipped with Pina for a great CF prospect, top starting pitching prospect and another solid OF prospect.

(not blue because only half joking)

We've played SEVEN games and the Chicken Little "sky is falling" posts have started already. That's gotta be a record for Brewerfan, no?

The sky didn't just start falling. It's just more of the same trends we saw and screamed at last year. Lol

We've played SEVEN games and the Chicken Little "sky is falling" posts have started already. That's gotta be a record for Brewerfan, no?

It's nothing but a flesh wound!

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Just saw video, and optimistically it's a severely pulled hammy for knebel and it's between 1-2months before we see him again in a mlb game. Pessimistically we won't see him throw another pitch until spring training 2019. Probably somewhere in between, which still is terrible news for this team.

Just saw video, and optimistically it's a severely pulled hammy for knebel and it's between 1-2months before we see him again in a mlb game. Pessimistically we won't see him throw another pitch until spring training 2019. Probably somewhere in between, which still is terrible news for this team.

I'm guessing we see both Taylor Williams and JJ Hoover in the pen by the start of tomorrow's game.

Not even close.

Two things people overlook, and I'm guilty as well.

1) Recency bias

2) MLB season is 6 months, 162 games long. Yet we react like a Packers game where 1 or 2 games are a huge deal.

That said, I've been saying it since November, this team is still rebuilding so I really won't be disappointed if they do have a 75 win season.

Archived