Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-05: Cubs (Lester) at Brewers (Suter) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose 8-0; Knebel down w/injury]

Eye Black
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suter is getting lit up, as I would expect from a high school pitcher in the majors

He seems like such a likable guy but I swear Rock and Brian literally giggle when a major league hitter swings and misses at his “stuff”.

I can’t believe the rotation Stearns put out there. Can we get Bill Travers and Jim Slaton to come out of retirement to help us?

Maybe Auggie still has his brick-a-ball working?

This gets a like from me even though we don’t have one.

I still cannot believe this is the rotation we have. So frustrating.

It really is taking the fun out of this. It is still early and things could change but this was so predictable.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I still cannot believe this is the rotation we have. So frustrating.

Well suters bad on his location.

Davies sucks in april

Chacin can't get his slider going

And Anderson has been decent at best.

Its looking worse that it should but yeah...

Brewers want to pitch up in the zone more this year, but we don't have guys who throw 96+ and everything that is belt and up gets hammered. Don't agree with the philosophy at all.

I've seen these results... did they actually say this stupidity is planned. Belt high 92 mph fbs aren't a good pitch.

Brewers want to pitch up in the zone more this year, but we don't have guys who throw 96+ and everything that is belt and up gets hammered. Don't agree with the philosophy at all.

I've seen these results... did they actually say this stupidity is planned. Belt high 92 mph fbs aren't a good pitch.

Yeah, they talked about it a few different times this spring. It's a philosophy that might work for hard throwers, but that's just not our personnel outside of Woodruff.

Yeah, they talked about it a few different times this spring. It's a philosophy that might work for hard throwers, but that's just not our personnel outside of Woodruff.

Stunning... yeah for woodruff and most of the pen. Suter doing it is tee ball.

even the whole piggy back starter theory before a guy with marginal stuff gets into the lineup for a 3rd time only really works when he can give you more than 3 innings and give up less than half a dozen runs.

I'm not sure why anyone expected anything more from Suter - he's a bullpen longman at best, but most likely his professional ceiling is as a starter in the Japanese leagues. His lack of fooling anyone sticks out even worse when the other more established starters on this roster are all struggling to open the year, too. After tonight I think you've gotta switch him out for Guerra in the rotation, shift Suter into the long man bullpen spot, see if you can squeeze Aguilar back to AAA without another team picking him up (unlikely), and hope like hell Woodruff can give you some decent starts in the #5 role.

Otherwise, this is going to be a gas can rotation and the pen will get fried. Probably will be anyways unless guys sort out some problems very quickly. Not having a bona-fide #1 or at least acknowledged staff ace could lead to a disaster.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Stunning... yeah for woodruff and most of the pen. Suter doing it is tee ball.

They did more of it last year too. But "up in the zone" wasn't meant to be belt high. More like up around the letters or shoulders.

Why was Suter hitting? I swear, Counsell is the king of "I've got to let him hit here because I've got to squeeze a few more hitters out of him."

We had a guy on to start the inning, just PH for Suter and see if you can string together a big inning and get back in this game. But no, you've got to give away an out and snuff out the chance for a big inning to ride it out with the total junk he's throwing when you'll be fortunate to even get another inning out of him.

Why was Suter hitting? I swear, Counsell is the king of "I've got to let him hit here because I've got to squeeze a few more hitters out of him."

We had a guy on to start the inning, just PH for Suter and see if you can string together a big inning and get back in this game. But no, you've got to give away an out and snuff out the chance for a big inning to ride it out with the total junk he's throwing when you'll be fortunate to even get another inning out of him.

Exactly my thoughts - I'd be shocked if he doesn't get yanked next 1/2 inning with at least two guys on and one out, after essentially giving away an out by letting him hit the inning earlier.

Archived