Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-05: Cubs (Lester) at Brewers (Suter) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose 8-0; Knebel down w/injury]

Eye Black
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stupid. Already in scoring position with 2 outs, little to gain stealing 3rd

Throw to 2nd Braun, two bad plays now

Arcia also was not in the right position to cut the ball off. So, three easily fixed mental errors.

Cost a run.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Can Suter be put in the long relief spot where he belongs? Amazes me that this dumb franchise will start him but put a prized arm like Hader in the pen.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Stupid. Already in scoring position with 2 outs, little to gain stealing 3rd

Throw to 2nd Braun, two bad plays now

Arcia also was not in the right position to cut the ball off. So, three easily fixed mental errors.

Cost a run.

Arcia didn't have any need to cut off a throw to third... the throw was supposed to go to second. He was in position for a throw to second (or relay to home).

At least that was Perez and not Villar. Should save us about three pages of posts.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Arcia didn't have any need to cut off a throw to third... the throw was supposed to go to second. He was in position for a throw to second (or relay to home).

runner on first, hit in front of the LF SS is always the cut to 3rd and should always be there.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

runner on first, hit in front of the LF SS is always the cut to 3rd and should always be there.

When I watched the play in slow mo, he looked to third, then went towards second for a throw to second or cut to home. The play at third was just too late. Maybe it was the wrong decision, but it looked like he didn't think it was going to third and took the next logical positioning.

Suter is getting lit up, as I would expect from a high school pitcher in the majors

He seems like such a likable guy but I swear Rock and Brian literally giggle when a major league hitter swings and misses at his “stuff”.

I can’t believe the rotation Stearns put out there. Can we get Bill Travers and Jim Slaton to come out of retirement to help us?

Suter is getting lit up, as I would expect from a high school pitcher in the majors

Remember when Taylor Jungmann arrived in the bigs and destroyed hitters for awhile? That was Suter's 2017. Unfamiliarity, and he was able to get away with his deception and intelligence like he did in the minors -- for a little while.

Scary thing is, Jungmann had much better stuff than Suter does. Once there's an established book out on Suter, he's going to get lit up like a Christmas tree and probably end up playing alongside Jungmann in Japan.

He seems like such a likable guy but I swear Rock and Brian literally giggle when a major league hitter swings and misses at his “stuff”.

I can’t believe the rotation Stearns put out there. Can we get Bill Travers and Jim Slaton to come out of retirement to help us?

Maybe Auggie still has his brick-a-ball working?

Archived