Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-04: Cardinals (Martínez) at Brewers (Chacín) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Per Adam McCalvy
Davies, Anderson and Chacin in this series against the Cardinals: 15 1/3 innings pitched, 23 hits, 17 runs (14 earned), five home runs.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Chacin will get better but he wasn’t helped tonight. Villar cost him a run and most likely Yelich did as well. Gotta play better defense.

I wish I could watch the game. I feel like I miss so much not being able to see it live.

I know you're in college, but I just read that espn is charging 4.99 a month to stream every hockey and baseball game starting like April 12...

Edit: maybe not every, but more.

Chacin will get better but he wasn’t helped tonight. Villar cost him a run and most likely Yelich did as well. Gotta play better defense.

I wish I could watch the game. I feel like I miss so much not being able to see it live.

I know you're in college, but I just read that espn is charging 4.99 a month to stream every hockey and baseball game starting like April 12...

Edit: maybe not every, but more.

I bought MLB.tv last year during the postseason push. It's pretty laggy and glitches quite a bit...wasn't happy with it. I was going to buy again this year regardless, but I finish my undergrad this summer and my last classes are online, so I'll be home to watch this summer before I come back for graduate school. Once May hits I'll be able to see the games or listen on 620 which I prefer because of Uecker. Just going to be the first five or so weeks that I have to unfortunately follow online.

We lost tonight cause of Carlos Martinez and poor defense. Chacin was good enough for the team to win. He wasn't great, but he's no the reason this one will be a loss.

Scoring zero runs also greatly reduces odds of winning most games.

Anyone know what Jennings signed for?

Quality pitcher to be let go like that.

Was due $2.5M from the Rays so got cut. We signed him for under a million if I remember the tweet it was like $700K.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

In 2011 the game was basically a 7 inning game with KRod and Axeford at the back end of the game. I honestly think they could make these 6 inning games with the current bullpen. But at this point, getting to those guys doesn't look like it's gonna be that easy.

Anyone know what Jennings signed for?

Quality pitcher to be let go like that.

Was due $2.5M from the Rays so got cut. We signed him for under a million if I remember the tweet it was like $700K.

Very good signing. I wonder why no one offered him more? He looks darn good.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Man watching Martinez walk off after dominating the Brewers makes me jealous. Jealous that the Brewers haven't for the life of them been able to develop high-end starting pitching on a consistent basis. The Cardinals have done that in spades over the years, and that is why they are a successful team.

Archived