Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-04: Cardinals (Martínez) at Brewers (Chacín) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-0]

Eye Black
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
My hope is that Nelson can get back before too much damage is done and Stearns pulls off a blockbuster trade deadline deal. Until then, we're just going to pray the bats can carry us that far into contention.

The way the starting rotation is looking, I'm doubting they will be close enough to contention for it to matter. I admit I was optimistic that they would be able to cobble together a solid rotation, but my fears are totally being realized.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"We don't need starting pitching"

I keep telling my self it's early in the season yet but yeah, not off to a good start.

Chacin in particular looks like an abortion. Hard contact everywhere and no movement at all. Davies I get, he always starts slow. We're up the creek without a paddle if this is all Chacin has got.

I keep telling my self it's early in the season yet but yeah, not off to a good start.

There was nothing that said this was going to be a good starting rotation.

All of us “arm chair” GMs knew this would be a playoff caliber 1-5 in the line up and a 70 win caliber starting rotation. We were sadly correct.

Chacin will get better but he wasn’t helped tonight. Villar cost him a run and most likely Yelich did as well. Gotta play better defense.

I wish I could watch the game. I feel like I miss so much not being able to see it live.

What type of tv package do you have?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

My hope is that Nelson can get back before too much damage is done and Stearns pulls off a blockbuster trade deadline deal. Until then, we're just going to pray the bats can carry us that far into contention.

The way the starting rotation is looking, I'm doubting they will be close enough to contention for it to matter. I admit I was optimistic that they would be able to cobble together a solid rotation, but my fears are totally being realized.

If that's the case, it's a real shame we couldn't put together a deal with all the talent we have. We don't need an ace (Jimmy Nelson is good enough, when he gets back), we need a couple of three starters that can post a 3.50-4.00 ERA and keep us in the mix to round out the rotation. Our offense can handle the rest.

There was nothing that said this was going to be a good starting rotation.

All of us “arm chair” GMs knew this would be a playoff caliber 1-5 in the line up and a 70 win caliber starting rotation. We were sadly correct.

Yeah, I'm still trying to wrap my head around why we couldn't trade for a pitcher I guess.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

If that's the case, it's a real shame we couldn't put together a deal with all the talent we have. We don't need an ace (Jimmy Nelson is good enough, when he gets back), we need a couple of three starters that can post a 3.50-4.00 ERA and keep us in the mix to round out the rotation. Our offense can handle the rest.

Preaching to the choir, my man.

You can blame Villar all you want...that’s chubby’s fault for not being at first.

Yes. Villar was doing everything he could to salvage an out when Chacin decided to give up on the play.

And before that, it didn’t feel like a ball Thames needed to dive for. Move the feet. Just some bad baseball all around in this game.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So about to be 4-2 and the season is already over.......disappointing.....

Even the most optimistic fan can realize that the performance of the starting rotation so far will not lead to sustained success. Will Anderson and Davies get better? Yeah, more than likely. But will it be enough if guys like Chacin and Suter can't even perform at replacement level?

So about to be 4-2 and the season is already over.......disappointing.....

Not at all. But honestly, we're a couple miracle 9th innings and an extra inning jam escape by Jeffress in San Diego from staring 1-5 in the face and asking how bad we're going to be this year. We're going to be a pretty hollow 4-2 relative to what we probably should be.

Record means really little at this point in the season, good or bad. What you see tells you much more. It looks like a good lineup and good bullpen and a complete albatross of a rotation.

Let's give it some time before panicking.......like 3 or 4 weeks.....I mean it is a long season.....lots of things can happen.

No one is panicking and you're absolutely right that we are very early in the season. I think we all realize that at the end of the day. Having said that, the rotation has been bad. If some folks want to, rather harmlessly, vent about that in the game thread what is the harm? We don't need to be reminded of the bright side and you can easily ignore those posts.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Archived