Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-04: Cardinals (Martínez) at Brewers (Chacín) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-0]

Eye Black
Who do you think the first starting pitcher currently at either Biloxi and Colorado Springs to get a chance to enter the rotation this year will be (Note: excluding Wade Miley)?

Better question is who gets bumped first.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who do you think the first starting pitcher currently at either Biloxi and Colorado Springs to get a chance to enter the rotation this year will be (Note: excluding Wade Miley)?

Guerra will be next if you're making me not pick Miley.

Yeah, I should have excluded Guerra also.

Geesh, I go Derby then.

Community Moderator

Better question is who gets bumped first.

Chacín is making a good argument, but Suter is probably at the greatest risk.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Josh Hader honestly pitcher really well as a starter in his minor league career. He had a 3.03 ERA/1.01 WHIP in 24 starts in AA in 2015 ad a 3.29 ERA/1.02 WHIP in 25 starts in 2016. Struggled a bit after that, but I think the Brewers should've given him a chance in the rotation this year.

It just seems like when our stsrter gives up a hard hit ball, that the hit is very damaging. look at his line thru 5, Chacin has only given up 6 baserunners and 4 hits. I would think that as the season goes on some of the hard hit balls will be outs or less damaging singles.

Well the way we are swinging it, it’s not gonna matter how many Chacin gives up. Martinez is dialed in. Good thing we stole that one last night.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I would be way more upset about this game if I didn’t already know the bats are just waiting to come alive in the 9th to win it in dramatic fashion.

Thanks to last night I have to stay up and watch this one through.

Chacin will get better but he wasn’t helped tonight. Villar cost him a run and most likely Yelich did as well. Gotta play better defense.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

why do you not let that drop?

That’s such a tough decision in real time. I can’t fault an OF going for an out.

You're right. It just looked like he was thinking about it as he was going after it. Not a big deal.

You know you're not seeing it well when it's 3-1 and you're trying to bunt for a hit. I get it, shift and all, but gotta be rough when the rest of your teammates are teeing off on Brewer pitching today.

Archived