Brewer Fanatic

Former/Current Brewers with a shot at the HOF?

Didn't ESPN predict the next hall-of-famer for each team? It was kind of pathetic for the Brewers, as every other team had at least one semi-realistic candidate. I could swear they picked Dubon for the Brewers. :laughing

Greinke and C.C. obviously would not go to the hall as Brewers, so they didn't count.

YEP

https://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/77174/who-will-be-the-next-hall-of-famer-for-each-mlb-team

A lot of things on that list aged poorly.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The 30 games he missed this past year aside, I'm still trying to figure out how Christian Yelich's last two years haven't even been worth a combined 15 WAR. He was the MVP last year leading the league in batting. He hits 3 points better, raises his OBP by 27 points, raises his SLG by a whopping 73 points-and this was the guy that led the NL in slugging last year, and he's only worth 7.1 WAR In 130 games? If he adds another 22-25 games, he's still only at an 8.3 at that rate. His defensive metrics aren't great, but they're certainly not terrible. And considering how ridiculous he was offensively, it just seems off to me. If you tell me a guy plays 130 games, leads his league in batting, has the best home rate en route to 40 + bombs, steals 30+ and has the highest stolen base success rate in the league, heads the league in OBP and OPS+, leads the Majors in SLG and OPS...how is he at only 7 wins? A 164 OPS+ is outstanding. A 179 is freaking fantastic.

He's a corner OF.

There have been 60 10+WAR seasons by position players in MLB history, the best comparison probably being Harper's age 22 season, as they both played corner OF positions.

Harper put up a 198 OPS+ that year, and was worth 78 runs with his bat.

Yelich was worth 52 and 56 runs with his bat the past two seasons.

--All numbers from b-r --

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Kind of crazy to think about, but Braun fell off the cliff at age 29. He rebounded for good seasons at 30-31, but for the most part after that 2nd place finish he just wasn't much.

He wasn't the same player after he was suspended for steroid use...

Kind of crazy to think about, but Braun fell off the cliff at age 29. He rebounded for good seasons at 30-31, but for the most part after that 2nd place finish he just wasn't much.

He wasn't the same player after he was suspended for steroid use...

Maybe it's just a clever excuse but isn't that also when the thumb injury popped up?

Archived