Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-03: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Anderson) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4]

Eye Black

I just think it's funny how the starting pitching narrative has already changed from "it'll be good enough" to "we couldn't have improved it anyway".

Who said we couldn’t have improved it? I surely didn’t. Saying that there wasn’t a deal out there for Santana isn’t nearly the same thing as what you’re trying to imply.

Plenty of other ways the pitching staff could have been improved on without dealing Santana. Stearns didn’t see the need to do it and so now we will see how right he is.

You're attitude on FA signings wasn't any different. You have spent plenty of time telling me how much better this rotation was going to be over what I thought it was going to be. Even so, I highly doubt they couldn't have leveraged Santana as part of a deal to get what they needed.

I didn’t want to be saddled with a long free agent contract to an aging pitcher. There was nothing stopping Stearns from signing plenty of pitchers on 1-2 year deals.(Unless pitchers really didn’t want to sign here) He obviously thought otherwise. I’ll let that play itself out

mod edit: deleted a few incendiary phrases. stick with the above

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blues been generous all night to Cardinal pitchers. So much for the home effect for Milwaukee.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I agree with Braun. Didn't even need to see the strike zone tracker. Hell, it wasn't even one of those typical outside corner pitches that Braun stares at and waits for the call. He was already smoothing out the batter's box to get ready for the next pitch.

Kind of hoping Barnes keeps tossing the way he has and he and Hader become the 7/8 guys instead of Haders/Albers.

Kind of hoping Barnes keeps tossing the way he has and he and Hader become the 7/8 guys instead of Haders/Albers.

Don't think Albers is the 8th inning guy despite what BA/Rock said. Think it'll just depend on the night and situation.

I don't even think there should be such a thing as an 8th inning guy.

Don't think Albers is the 8th inning guy despite what BA/Rock said. Think it'll just depend on the night and situation.

I don't even think there should be such a thing as an 8th inning guy.

I don’t either it feels like Albers has only been in the game in the 8th. Small sample alert. I’d much rather see some electric arms later in the game.

Two won't win this? Wanna bet? :laughing ;)
Two won't win this, but sure puts a little more pressure on playing from behind early

Yep, we will get 2... not sure about 4 though.

6 strikeouts the first time through... don't think we will see that much this year.

Bad send by Cousin Eddie... they probably pitch around Arica if he doesn't send him. That clears the pitcher. It's not just odds of scoring on throw vs scoring with Arica/Anderson. It affects multiple innings by how fast we turn the order over.

Yep

I know you want to be right on everything you post (like telling everyone Braun will be the odd man out, over and over again) but you’re grasping at straws here. I didn’t want to be saddled with a long free agent contract to an aging pitcher. There was nothing stopping Stearns from signing plenty of pitchers on 1-2 year deals.(Unless pitchers really didn’t want to sign here) He obviously thought otherwise. I’ll let that play itself out before I start even entertaining the fans pounding their chests yelling I told you so.

Ah, there it is, the same, tired Ad hominem attacks. What exactly was it that you found so offensive because you are literally agreeing with what I said.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Archived